How To Properly Make a Fun Run Thread

maxdfandan555

I've seen a lot of newer guys not really set these up correctly, so here is a quick guide.

1. State the track that is going to be used, and provide the link to it.

2. Post what date and time the fun run is going to be ran on and what time the AIM chat goes up at. Also include which time zone you are referencing these times from.

3. Include how you want people to sign up for your fun run, whether only replicas trucks, only customs, or both. A good format is:
Name: 

AIM:

Truck: (Link if needed)

4. Also include information on how racers gain a spot in the fun run, whether first-come first-serve spots or qualifying in. Include further information if there is going to be qualifying. Also Include what the maximum amount of signups is.

If anyone wants to add something to this, feel free to. I hope this helps out some newer guys.

• Upvote 1

Great Job Dan!

I do have a few things to add. 

1. State which version of RoR you're using. Some of the newer people might be using .38 while majority of the site runs on .37. All leagues and about 95% of proper and successful Fun Runs are ran on .37 and there is a download for it in Downloads. 

2. Make sure you have a server. There is a tutorial somewhere talking about setting up private servers. If you can't do it, ask around as some members can host servers and would most likely be able to help you out. Only use CIFPO as a LAST resort as anyone driving anything can use it and may interrupt your FR.

3. If you feel like having outside help like officials, live-streamers, judges, etc, post it in the thread and lock them in before the event to make things smoother.

I might have jumped into how to run a FR instead of the thread itself, but this will also help you after you make the thread.

• Upvote 1

Because my laptop doesn't support the connection I need to host my own server, I will indeed have to ask someone else for assistance. Not only do I plan to host a fun run on the day of my next birthday, but I will have to use a certain Monster Jam truck to commemorate that birthday. So if anyone will allow me to use his server, please let me know, and I will make the preparations for my fun run at that moment and host it on my next birthday's date.