Interior Paint Mirrors

Doomed User

Question

I'm building my Blacksmith again, and the paint on the inside of the body is mirrored. I tried copy-pasting a lexan/fiberglass map into the material file, but it just blacks out the entire body.

But, imagine the Willys body. The back of the body, the bed, has a fiberglass interior, or at least a non mirrored paint. But the inside of the cab does. Maybe it's just the way the paint was set up? Not sure, but any advice will be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

You first would need to remove the inside faces from the body. You can do this by selecting a vert on the outside, and hitting L around the body to select them all on the outside, making sure not to select anything on the inside. You can then hit P to seperate the inside from the outside, and then selecting the inside and deleting it, or you could hit W and click flip normals and press X to delete vertices. Then you would open a fiberglass texture, hit W and flip normals again so the texture is on the inside, and then duplicate the body, open the outside texture, and flip the normals again. That would make the regular texture on the outside, and the fiberglass on the inside. There really is no great way to explain it through text, someone really would need to show you how to do it. 

Edited by Jon Cannon