Toolkit won't open anymore

maxdman

Question

My toolkit was working fine before, but now for some reason I can't open it.  When ever I click on the start file the text screen pops up and loads, and then the toolkit full screen opens for a fraction of a second and closes immediately.  This happens when I click both the start file and the "only unzipped" file.  

I've tried re-downloading it 3 times now with no luck.  Really not sure what else to do.  Its really weird because it was working one night, then this problem randomly came up and now I cant even open the program.  

Any suggestions would be a help, I'm out of options at this point.  I'd really like to get it working and keep releasing tracks

6 answers to this question

I'm not sure if it's the same problem I used to have with toolkit, but when I opened toolkit, it would immediately minimize. I would have to right click on the icon in the taskbar to maximize the window. However, from what I understand, you don't have that icon. I would highly suggest not using toolkit and just edit files in notepad to get tracks ingame. In case you aren't familiar with it, if you go ingame and hit H, then go to the ROR log, it gives you the coordinates that you were at when you hit H. That is really useful for making spawn points or moving objects.My life has been so much better since I stopped using toolkit.

7 minutes ago, RockCrwlr said:

what version you using? im assuming the one for .37? If thats the case, use the one for .38+ and just save the .terrn to the .37 version. I noticed my toolkit did that a long time ago and thats when i just went to the newer version.

I was using .37.  If that's the issue then i'll switch over.  Where could I get .38+ toolkit?

13 minutes ago, MJFanatic said:

I'm not sure if it's the same problem I used to have with toolkit, but when I opened toolkit, it would immediately minimize. I would have to right click on the icon in the taskbar to maximize the window. However, from what I understand, you don't have that icon. I would highly suggest not using toolkit and just edit files in notepad to get tracks ingame. In case you aren't familiar with it, if you go ingame and hit H, then go to the ROR log, it gives you the coordinates that you were at when you hit H. That is really useful for making spawn points or moving objects.My life has been so much better since I stopped using toolkit.

I used to do it that way to raise and lower the terrain but from my experience that took a long time.  Also I do need to place multiple mesh's in the same place in the terrn file so that would be extremely time consuming.  

3 minutes ago, RockCrwlr said:

@maxdman im not sure as the original website no longer exists. if you dont want to spend the time searching i can just send over the one i have. pretty sure it still works. Havent used it in about 2 years

I'd really appreciate it if you could do that.  I did a quick search and nothing came back as far as the toolkit goes.  If you could pm me a link or aim me the file that would be great.