MTP Revival: Back To Business

CMDeerfoot

Normally my posts tend to be long winded when it comes to MTP, but I'm gonna keep it simple.

MTP is officially coming back full time, and it's inspired by the real life TNT Motorsports: Unfinished Business event.

Events will be held at facilities that have history with monsters irl and on Sim-Monsters, and will have racing, wheelie, and freestyle comps.

Trucks will be names from the past that haven't run much if at all recently on modern style trucks.

Here's the full schedule:
Florida Sports Park - Naples, FL
Galot Motorsports Park - Benson, NC
Freedom Hall - Louisville, KY
Lebanon Valley Speedway - West Lebanon, NY
Stafford Speedway - Stafford Springs, CT
Rocky Mountain Raceway - West Valley City, UT
Arizona State Fairgrounds - Phoenix, AZ
Salinas Sports Complex - Salinas, CA
Tacoma Dome - Tacoma, WA
Castrol Speedway - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

We should do this deal sometime during 2022 as long as the tracks get done, and we've got a decent amount of trucks done with more being worked on.

Stay tuned, we're finally coming back and with the old school flare we're known for.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Also figured I'd give out some rules regarding trucks:

The identity you use must be a real life identity that debuted prior to the 2001 season.

Said identity also must have been on hiatus, or used infrequently, for at least 10 years; there will be some exceptions, but it's on a case by case basis.

Truck identities must use a replica of a body and paint the real life version used while active, or as close as possible.

Trucks must use a real life chassis design, no customs designs allowed.

All trucks will have the same engine and gearing settings and CANNOT be altered, here are the exact settings needed;

globals
5000, 0.0, tracks/trans

engine
950.0, 2600.0, 11500.0, 4.30, 5.00, 10.00, 3.06, 2.13, -1.0

engoption
1, c, 5000.0, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 300, 800, 0.3, 0.0

torquecurve
turbogas

brakes

You will be allowed to change suspension settings, but they are subject to approval by league officials.

All trucks must be stand alone, no exceptions.

All trucks must be uploaded to the site unless otherwise stated from a league official.

All trucks will be tested by league officials to make sure they conform to the rules, if they fail to do so we will contact you to explain the issue and figure out a solution.

There will be a deadline for when trucks are due, if your truck isn't legal and submitted by the time and date stated you will not be allowed to compete.

I'll be putting together a full rulebook for everything, but I wanted to get this info out there now so everyone could get a head start on their trucks. If you need help picking out an identity to use, contact me via dm on here or discord (my username is CMDeerfoot#5139) and I'll do my best to help you figure something out.

• Upvote 1