truck repainting tips?

JDeezie82

Question

I've been asking around a little and searching for what all I need for repainting a truck. Seems a lot like MTM2 was. Just had a few questions if anyone has time. I had an idea for a truck that I wanted to have some chrome on. Just wondering how I would go about doing that? If anyone can help me out hit me up on aim, jdeezie_82. Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Export the UV map from a model using the scripts part of the UV window in blender.

then use an OC bake under the render tab to get a good shading going to add definition to your paint.

put the UV TGA into photoshop or paint.net or whatever, and put the OC bake as a hard light layer.

after that, go nuts.

don't use pure saturated colours, never use pure black, and try not to use pure white. it's garish and overbearing, it looks terrible, and ROR can't shade pure saturation.

best of luck

Export the UV map from a model using the scripts part of the UV window in blender.

then use an OC bake under the render tab to get a good shading going to add definition to your paint.

put the UV TGA into photoshop or paint.net or whatever, and put the OC bake as a hard light layer.

after that, go nuts.

don't use pure saturated colours, never use pure black, and try not to use pure white. it's garish and overbearing, it looks terrible, and ROR can't shade pure saturation.

best of luck

Thanks man. One small question though. Didn't see an OC bake so I just did a normal bake, will that work? Ok maybe one more. After I get the truck painted then what do I do to make it show up on the render? I can see the png fine in the 3d viewer after I load the texture but when I try to view it in the render view it's just a shaded solid gray texture.

What he means is get the body, Highlight all the verts and get a random image to it and go to Render > Bake Render Meshes > and select Ambient Occlusion. Also when you're trying to bake the body, if it was imported from a previous truck thats in V3, you will need to highlight all the verts and press P > All Loose Parts. This will separate the the two bodies. You will need to hold shift and right click on every part of the body that is separate. Once you do that, you can then delete one of the 2 and bake it. Doing it this way will allow you to create a very good baked image instead of one that looks like Carbon Fiber.