Why do other vehicles handle like crap in ROR?

MonsterJam2008

v3 understeered? Maybe you just didn't know how to drive them? (severe sarcasm) I understand on those tracks like that simulate "rain/mud" may have understeered.but I never really had a problem understeering unless I missed my apex, or overdrove a corner.

But they do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhQNY3ZND50&feature=player_detailpage#t=74s

Lookie there, rear steer neutral, nothing but the front steer, and he goes over. not completely over, and he goes to try and save it, but enough to tip him, and then rolls right after

If the truck didn't understeer, when i let off the gas each time, the truck's weight would shift to the outside front tire and push over, tipping/rolling it. But that doesn't happen, and the much grippier rear wheels take traction and pull the front end sideways.

that's severe understeer.

There is so much more to process than that, and the camera angle for that wreck is horrible no where was dennis "neutral rear steer there" he let off but it was maybe neutral for all of .2 of a second, not to mention he could've had tweaked sway bars, shocks, etc from landing on the stands in the ass end of the truck.

Another thing to factor into is is Dennis' on off throttle rythem, when is constantly throwing back and forth the CG and weight of the truck which other that music in your video you couldn't hear and not sure if your using a wheel, game pad etc..couldn't simulate that due to limitations in the Rigs of Rods engine and terrains you can only do so much, it's not like we got a million dollar game engine from EA.

While, we could simulate different tire cuts Goodyears, china tires, ukraines, etc..this would be unfair from a compeition aspect as teams constantly make modifications to their tires and run different combos on front and rears. As far as track grip goes, don't BS me on that I have no control on ROR limitations go talk to talk to the ROR dev team and tell them what you think of their hard work.

and the fact that turn was only front steer, are you f'n kidding me?? skip to 1:35 into that video or On your video watch his thumb you can see him hitting the toggle.

Oh btw, you might not understeer so much if you don't hit the brake...

Meanwhile we do this for for the community for free in our spare time, but would you like to give us money so we can lease a game engine from EA? Maybe then we could get a game engine that would allow for stuff you want and we wouldn't be limited to. But other wise sit back and enjoy what you get.

oh the things i wish i could post right now that would plant your foot so firmly in your mouth that you'd be choking on your knees

oh well, time will vindicate me soon enough.

EDIT:

that post was a bit garish, i'm sorry. But still, on a real truck, if you hit the breaks while cornering, the front end doesn't slide sideways, as the rear tires lock up, dragging the front backwards because they have that much more purchase. there's no escaping it. if you could show me one time this has ever happened on a dry, non muddy track in exactly the way it does in V3, i'd pay you a hundred dollars through pay pal. hand on my heart.

and yes, while ROR is no megasystem in terms of dirt simulation, it's no excuse for hovercraft physics. And if you try hard enough, you can get just about anything to work. you could model ruts with LOD to iron out the FPS issues, you could craft ruts using normals displacement, you could generate realistic surface varations using a texture based surface desegnation (The offical term escapes me), you could use OGRE's alpha texture texture melding/tesselation system thingy to cause varying levels of traction/dig. it's all there if you look for it.

So, I prove you wrong? Then you and I quote "oh the things i wish i could post right now that would plant your foot so firmly in your mouth that you'd be choking on your knees" but don't say a thing LOL What the hell do you expect when you shove your foot on the brake it shifts the weight forward, It's going to shove the nose ITS BASIC RACING KNOWLEDGE. It's funny PC when someone puts you in your place..you sure get defensive quick. Like I said, I have no control over racing surfaces/track surfaces and the problem your talking about has to do with the surfaces.

It's going to shove the nose ITS BASIC RACING KNOWLEDGE.

when has it ever gone sideways and backwards?

It's funny PC when someone puts you in your place..you sure get defensive quick.

>all i said was "V3 understeers"

i'd say three megaposts taking white knight is defensive too.

and as for

So, I prove you wrong? Then you and I quote "oh the things i wish i could post right now that would plant your foot so firmly in your mouth that you'd be choking on your knees" but don't say a thing LOL

i'd be crucified if i posted what i have in mind. Just ask kozak or klayton what i'm on about. and that's all i'll say.

Listen, I haven't turned this into a argument like your looking to especially with your comment about shoving my foot in my mouth so I choke my knees. I've kept it civil.

EDIT:

that post was a bit garish, i'm sorry. But still, on a real truck, if you hit the breaks while cornering, the front end doesn't slide sideways, as the rear tires lock up, dragging the front backwards because they have that much more purchase. there's no escaping it. if you could show me one time this has ever happened on a dry, non muddy track in exactly the way it does in V3, i'd pay you a hundred dollars through pay pal. hand on my heart.

and yes, while ROR is no megasystem in terms of dirt simulation, it's no excuse for hovercraft physics. And if you try hard enough, you can get just about anything to work. you could model ruts with LOD to iron out the FPS issues, you could craft ruts using normals displacement, you could generate realistic surface varations using a texture based surface desegnation (The offical term escapes me), you could use OGRE's alpha texture texture melding/tesselation system thingy to cause varying levels of traction/dig. it's all there if you look for it.

And I only work with truck physics I don't directly work with tracks, if someone wants to step up and work directly with the rut "simulation" that would have to be precoded into the track it would be fine with me but I would rather have one that would do it real time.. Now as you said about hitting the brakes and having all 4 tires lock up, yes it does that assuming from that video you use the key board which is either 0% or 100% real life you have 0-100% as you know. Also you have brake bias adjustment so you can run 60% bias pressure in the front and 40% in the rear..or have etc..etc to where your happy with it.

Oh btw...heres digger locking the brakes sliding forward as you requested 8:40 in dry non muddy track

http://youtu.be/To8r31s8Fso?t=8m40s

btw megaposts? Maybe 2 at most, but only explaining in detail what you asked?

Oh btw...heres digger locking the brakes sliding forward as you requested 8:40 in dry non muddy track

but that's the opposite of what i said. The front dug with the tires pointed right and the rear followed, the entire truck hopping and turning into the right. In v3, if you did the same, breaking while turning right at a fair clip, the rears dig in, the front then slides to the left.

Also, i use a controller, that was not slamming on the breaks or throttle.