Source Engine Projects

Patriotic Canadian

well, i've decided to start doing TF2 stuff because i like the idea of all the fame, fourtune, money, hats, artistic validation, creative direction and money that all the TF2 contributers are getting, so toot toot, all aboard the Source train

This is my current project, going out to more a "everything is broken so i'd better get to work making new stuff" engie pack. basically what i envision him to make out of nearby guff if he needed a weapon, or three, really quick.

This here's the shotgun, which i'm calling LeadBelly

2_zps5cf40287.png

EngieSetblend_zps902583e1.png

3_zps85da5ece.png

Purple bits are still the original stock shotgun model which i'm modelling around, apart from the shotgun shell which i made myself and have forgotten to rematerial.

Since the idea is that it's all assembled out of nearby objects by the criminally genius engineer, it's all supposedly built out of workshop or industrial building parts.

The stock is a guitar neck that engie would've broken over his knee and fasten together with bands and bolts, haven't modeled the slide slots for the primer knob on the left side, and i might end up placing it on the top anyway, since something jutting into your view near the reticule might be distracting to the eye. in fact most of it is pretty WIP and unfinished, but that's because under a thin veneer of showy braggartism, the true purpose of this thread is to see if people like the concept, and the model gets what it's supposed to be across without any textures.

So uh. criticize away

• Upvote 6

This is my current project, going out to more a "everything is broken so i'd better get to work making new stuff" engie pack. basically what i envision him to make out of nearby guff if he needed a weapon, or three, really quick.

This here's the shotgun, which i'm calling LeadBelly

Read, boy

• 3 weeks later...