Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2013

Roach

Definately sounded like he gernaded the engine. The over reving at the end will do that.

Sounded like the trans went halfway through, just like his championship winning run. Overrevving and overreving continuously, that'll do 'er

Doubtful it was overreving, didn't hear the rpm's spike during the run that much, as they run rev limiters so you can't over-rev it too bad one would think. Nor do you we know how old the motor is could have 1 show or 100 shows on it.  PC if you look more closer RR planetary was broke during the end of the run which could lead to the trans going at the end.   And as far as Cam blowing the motor I didn't know that, the poping you were talking about were Tharindu I thought you were talking about was the backfiring thus why I explained it as such.

And as far as Cam blowing the motor I didn't know that, the poping you were talking about were Tharindu I thought you were talking about was the backfiring thus why I explained it as such.

Yeah, I was curious on why the truck would pop like that. But it seems like it was just the motor and/or fuel in the pipes. BUT, if it was fuel in the pipes, then how come that doesn't happen to other trucks when they roll and rev it?

And check out the beginning of this video. Krazy Train has a neat train horn thing, kind of like how El Toro Loco has the smoke out of the front.

when he flips at 1:43 in the video, the RPM's shoot through the roof eric...

I just got done speaking to a reliable source, about limiters being limiters in trucks but that could be in the majority of trucks and not in the "bigger name trucks" 

Tharindu, it could be due the lack of load on the truck at that point that fuel was getting left unburnt and at the point of the truck being shut off it backfired. Just my guess.

Ah I see. Yeah I wasn't sure what happened with the truck popping since Neil had the same issue on Saturday driving into the tunnel after the pit party. Except his truck only popped once.

You said Kreg lost his engine correct? I've seen trucks pull before at pit parties and backfire simply due to all the fuel not being spent before the motor was shut off.  You'd honestly be surprised at how many shows you can put on these motors before they have to be refreshed or replaced the number would surprise you.

Robertson, I get a tiny arena show, pretty much the smallest dirt show on the circuit. I got lucky this year to get 8 trucks, but that has never happened before. All my years I've gone I've been in the damn nosebleeds, and last year i didn't get a pit party because the line when we got there was too big, it pushed us past the end time to get to the floor. But I never complain. You're getting some of the biggest names in the sport. Do you know what I would do for tickets to a stadium show, even if it was the very top of the place? Anything.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/73353_10151441254250833_539438366_n.jpg

OH MY GOD, WORLD FINALS ON THE TABLETOP!

• Upvote 1