Absolutely Disgusted!

Roli Christinson

A local pet store where i live called Evergreen Pets closed its doors recently in September. Normal occurance, right? Except that the stupid owner left the animals in the store without power foor or water to DIE. The original owners LOVED their store and cared for all animals. But a few years ago their Daughter took over and she didn't give a darn about it. She never paid the taxes, and it closed it's doors. The local rescue organizations came to the scene today and rescued what little critters there were left. Not many survived the two months. I think this woman should be imprisoned. And you know, it sucks when pets die. The thing is with people, we can talk to each other. And we have ample time and ways to say goodbye. But with pets, we don't speak any common language other than love. And we never get to know them like we want, and that's why it hurts so bad i think. We all have an internal instinct to care care of things we love. And this thing with the pet store infuriates me.

Thanks for reading.

-UPDATE- some idiot was faking to be Reptile Domicile took the poor reptiles. It's bad enough what few reptiles were left were heavily malnourished, but now they were stolen?! My faith in humanity is officially lost.

-UPDATE TWO- I heard from a friend that the store had just gotten a shipment of kittens and puppies to sell right before they closed. Only a few of those little guys made it and are intensive care at the local vet. They will probably not make it through the night. Poor little things. I woulda taken them in an instant-

-UPDATE THREE- I heard a poor kitten will never be able to walk again because of the massive mal-nourishment it recieved, and it will probably not make it. Also, a poor puppy had to have a leg that was severely skinny amputated. That makes me want to cry!

• Upvote 1

This is absolutely appalling. I too can't stand anyone who does this kind of thing to animals. they may not be human like us, bu they can think and feel just like we do. I can hardly watch the commercials on tv with all the animals that were rescued because it hurts me so bad seeing them in that miserable shape and knowing that someone would intentionally put them through that kind of abuse and torture.

That woman should no doubt be arrested and jailed for what she put those poor animals through, as well as the people who stole all the reptiles.

Reminds me of a story that happened around here a year or two back. Details are a little fuzzy after all this time, but basically a woman found a black dog wandering down a backroad and noticed that it had a loop made of heavy-duty industrial cable used to tie it up embedded in it's neck from trying to pull itself free. There wasn't any fur on the back of it's neck as the cable had rubbed it off. She rushed the poor dog to one of the local vets who had to surgically remove the cable as the skin was starting to grow around it it was in so deep.

The dog made a full recovery and is now happy and healthy with a loving family. It warms my heart knowing there are people who care enough to help. I bet almost any other person would have just kept on going and didn't even notice the poor dog.

• Upvote 1

I hate hearing stuff about animals getting hurt. It sickens me. I have a dog, and I can't even imagine hurting him. It sucks to know this is what people do to these poor things.

People like them need to get euthanized, not imprisoned.

• Upvote 2

Commercial about genocide. I lol.

Commercial about starving kids in Africa. I lol and eat more food.

Commercial about underprivlidged kids in American. I lol and buy more stuff.

Commercial about animal abuse. I turn that sh*t off.

• Upvote 7

Commercial about genocide. I lol.

Commercial about starving kids in Africa. I lol and eat more food.

Commercial about underprivlidged kids in American. I lol and buy more stuff.

Commercial about animal abuse. I turn that sh*t off.

This.

• Upvote 1

My beta fishie died yesterday morning. ): I buried it cause flushing it seems wrong. The toilet is where poop goes.

I lost my betta one year ago, hard to believe it's been so long. I buried her too. I got her in fourth grade. She lived four years, so it was tough to say goodbye. I also had to get rid of my kitty. She was not happy in this apartment, she's a free-range cat, so we gave her to a farm. And we had to put our 10 year old dog down due to bone cancer. So sad!