I didn't have such a great Thanksgiving..

mjkproductions

Hey, I'm going to be telling a story which will probably show some of my religious views, but hopefully if you don't believe in anything it can make you think a little.. if not, you can just skip over those parts. I'm just telling a story.

So I was over my grandparents' house yesterday for Thanksgiving, and to make this story a little more creepy, my uncle started talking about life insurance during dinner. This morphed into my grandma getting my grandpa's will and showing it to my uncle, and our family was mostly talking about when we die.

During dinner my grandpa fell asleep. When he woke back up, he still had a lot of food left on his plate, which isn't normal. He said he was done, and fell asleep again right away. A few minutes later, he appeared to wake up, and he moved his hand in the motion of picking up a wine glass and drinking it, even though there was no glass in his hand. My mom asked him if he was okay, and he said yes, instantly falling back asleep. We were worried for him, because he's 82, and that's not normal for him.

It must have only been five minutes later when he started making these really loud and unusual breathing noises. He snores a lot, so we didn't think anything of it, but they began again, louder. My grandma went over to check on him, and nudged him. He wouldn't wake up, so they started shaking him. Still not waking up.

My parents rushed over and were calling 911, while my uncle was laying him down on the floor. He had stopped breathing completely, and had turned white. I'm not an adult and the last time I got CPR training was probably eight years ago, so I just got out of the way. There was nothing else I could do but pray (yes I'm a Christian). Seconds after I begin praying, everyone in the room with him went quiet, and then began cheering as he started breathing again.

He was breathing normally, and by the time the paramedics and police arrived (probably about 5 minutes), he was sitting up, and talking to us, although still pale. He knew his name, date of birth, and address, but had no recollection of what had happened. He was even joking around about it and laughing as the paramedics were working on him. When he got to the hospital, his color had returned and he was perfectly fine.

I was hoping that my atheist uncle saw something from this, and possibly you too. I think his life was saved by God, because for those few minutes, we all thought there was no saving him.

There have been many amazing things happen with him, he's fallen off the deck another time, and was found a few hours later (resulting in two days of short term memory loss), and he's also fallen off a step into a car and passed out, but fully recovered from both.

I'm not sure if you, reading this, are religious, but I can assure that I am after last night. Thanksgiving wasn't the best, but I'll take a rough Thanksgiving over a dead grandpa any day. Thanks for taking some time to read this.

• Upvote 4

You know, i myself are a sun-worshipper (No, i do not get every day and kneel in sunlight or anything like you think, but the sun is my higher power). However, i accept every religion. We are all free to believe what we wish. For me, personally, i need facts and proof to lay my faith into something. There is no proof that god truly does exist. It is all beliefs by us humans, that someone is up there, watching us. But, the sun exists, and it gives us everything we need. Warmth, light, it grows the plants, plants feed animals, animals feed us, we live and die. I am very sorry about what happened to your grandpa, and i hope he is doing well. Don't let it ruin your holiday season bro. Christmas will be better!

There is no proof that god truly does exist. It is all beliefs by us humans, that someone is up there, watching us.

There actually is proof that everything in the bible is true, but believe what you want.

I thank all of you for your support, I'm sitting in the hospital right now with him. He's doing fine, but one side of his heart is 90% blocked in a lot of parts. They said that it is okay, and its been mostly blocked for a long time. They're saying that they may never find out what did it, but they say one possibility is that he was leaning far enough down when he was sleeping that it cut off all of his breathing, which explains for him fainting. Most of the nurses are telling us that if it wasn't for our prayers and everyone that contributed to helping him, he probably wouldn't be around right now. He'll be staying a second night just while they do a few more tests.

• Upvote 2