State of Sim-Monsters Season 3, and Beyond

JoshDIGRhodes

I wish i could run a MTM2 league again and have the same passion. But ofcourse im not in school anymore and i have two jobs. Wish i still had my MJT webcast from the World Finals. Those were very well organized shows. I just never see myself running a ROR league. i feel id pull out the hair i barely have anymore.

Seeing this really saddens me because I was a little behind everyone in getting into this and never got a chance to run in the series. However, you cannot expect these things to last forever, all of the guys that came over from MTM2 and Draggers aren't, as somebody has already pointed out, as young as they used to be. The MTM2 veterans that came over here, DIG, Dave, Kevin Payne, and Kozak, really set the pace for the virtual monster truck world, and I am proud to say that I have had the privilege to compete against these awesome fellows in several events, whether it be in the SPHRA or even the special events that were run. In my opinion, even if this series is ending, that should not stop us from starting our own leagues and running like we did in MTM2 or now with this new game, which I still have no knowledge of.

Point is, thank you guys for contributing so much to this hobby, or a way of life to some, without you, most of us couldn't accomplish our goal of coming as close as we can to actually driving an actual monster truck for a living. And I hope that someone steps up and allows to continue to go out every week and do what we enjoy so much.

I met some of my best friends through MTM2 and its one of the main reasons why Im a step closer to being a Tech Official for Monster Jam. I've came so far just because of a game. I miss running shows. I honestly do. I've had so much fun with the guys i remember. Id love to join you guys in this game now. I don't know how well ill do, but ill put up a fight Haha.

• Upvote 1

Kevin, we can talk more on AIM later, but I'm probably going to need another head official when IDS starts up here in the spring since I don't think Hot Shoe will be able to make the events, so if you would be interested in helping out with the league as far as room-running and co-event directing, I would love to work with you. I always respected your skills as an event director back in MTM2 so it would mean a lot to work together with you. I'm sure Robbie would love to have you on the officiating staff as well, wouldn't you Robbie? :)

Its something we can defiantly talk about. I've only done a hand full of fun runs, never been at a league event. This is all new to me still. I gotta get it all done in couple fun runs or something sometime. Be cool to run co- eeic. I dont wanna look stupid trying to run a show, Haha. Gotta see how you guys do it and work off that.

I think it was a really good idea to open the site up into a more content driven style format. I'm sure there are capable people out there who could run a very popular series. Well done guys!

Agreed, I think it's a good idea and I feel like more great ideas/content will come out because of it.

......Mexican food? Hey, i know what the feeling is like. One time my mom got drunk, lit the fire pit, and put a goddang sleeping bag over it. I tried dumping water on it, but it was cookin. Fire department had to come. Just a bit of flame and heavy, heavy smoke damage. Thanks, you stupid drunk xD maybe that's why we never sold the house.....