What Happens When A Deer And A Car Collide

BigfootFanTV

First off I did not do this, I don't have my permit or drivers license yet.

My dad was driving down to Maryland when a deer ran in front of his car and wrecked the front end. I don't know if he killed the deer or not but I do know it looked like a hard hit. Here's the damage.

DSCN1215_zps45619faf.jpg

We got very lucky once when a deer "ran into" our '97 Land Cruiser. It pushed the corner of the front bumper back. Nothing else. It also happened about 100 ft. from an animal hospital, so someone came out, pulled the fender off (which was rubbing against the tire) and then went to check on the deer...

Glad your dad is ok.

I haven't hit one yet which I find very surprising. I live less than a mile from Shiloh National Military Park, hence the Battle of Shiloh for you war buffs, and as with all national parks it's a strict no hunting ground. meaning anyone caught hunting on park land is one ungodly hell of a mess. As a result of this, the deer population on and around the park has skyrocketed. Even worse, the deer here are getting too used to humans as most of the older ones don't even look up when a car roars by about a foot away from their head. The foals do, but they don't run or anything unless the adults take off.