Just goes to show there are still people who care in this world

SybilSixx66

Alright, so big story right now around my area is a local high Schooler died of cancer earlier this week. He'd already had the same thing before and they got rid of it but it came back and there was nothing they could do to stop it this time. His mom was a teacher in one of the schools, and I may have even had her one year. I know my sister did. Now for the topic's title, I just read on FB that the local Papa John's Pizza held a special promotion in which they would donate half of their proceeds to his family. They had so many people come out, the state troopers had to close down an entire section of the main highway and have people out directing traffic around the line. I haven't heard an exact number yet, but I'd imagine it was pretty high. The official FB page for Papa John's even posted a story highlighting the restaurant

"Papa John's would like to highlight our restaurant and customers in Savannah, TN who heard about a young man in their community fighting cancer and decided to step up and help! Our franchisee, Mark Alexander, announced that he would donate half of the restaurant's sales from Monday, February 11 to the family. The people of Savannah, stepped up and showed up...boy, did they show up! Traffic coming to the store backed up to the point that state troopers closed the highway and had to direct traffic! Thank you to our Papa John's team and customers in Savannah, for your support of this young man and his family! Better Pizza, Better People, Better World."

As I commented I go there for carry out often, and I personally know at least a couple of the employees there, and I know I graduated high school with one of them. I'll have to thank them for this next time I'm in there.

R.I.P. Aaron Bell, you will be missed.

And here's the story:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151328492102639&set=a.70360222638.77873.34703237638&type=1&theater

• Upvote 4

When I was in high school, we had a kid on the wrestling team that died in a freak car accident. Well one of his cousins was a "pro" wrestler, and the local independent wrestling promotion he worked for held a show in our gymnasium. The promotion also brought in local food vendors for the event as well. All 100% from the tickets and then like 50% of the total food sales went to the kid's parents to cover all costs. It was a very emotional night even though I may have said hello to the kid 5 times in the three years I had been there at that point.