Track is Sideways

i am a sim monster

Question

8 answers to this question

Obdata might not be the only thing causing this issue. From my experience: I've controlled the obdata before just for my tracks to do that after export.

If you have toolkit (and the time and patience to deal with it),...open toolkit. Select your track, click the mesh, and use whatever corresponding arrows that control the adjustment of the mesh to correctly place the track how you need it. After making the adjustment (with the mesh still selected), press enter on the keyboard for good measure. Save the track. Not save as. SAVE. Then check to see if that fixed it.

If you don't want to mess with toolkit, you have to manually adjust the numbers (blindly) until the track is the right way up.

Or if that doesn't work, delete your existing .terrn file. Select an existing .terrn file from any track, and change the fields to what they need to be for the mesh name of your track. Sometimes this has been the only way to make the track snap out of whatever ridiculous glitch it has gotten stuck on.

Also, from personal experience: if you are trying to make changes/additions to a track, control obdata, etc, but the changes/additions don't show up, rename the fesh file with a new, fresh, unique mesh name for the track, and change the fields of your .cfg, terrn., or .odef files to match.