Should i buy more ram?

DDT

Ok so my PC is sorta crap. (basic little dell insperion 537 monitor/tower combo at walmart for $450 about 4 1/2 years ago). Normally on RoR on low/Medium settings i get about 25-32 average FPS with 1 truck and today i bumped all my graphics up to see how it would preform and with settings up high i like how the game looks better then before but i get about 18-22 FPS with one truck. I cant do many upgrades to this PC since everything is pretty much integrated onto the board but i can upgrade the ram from 2 gigs up to 4. Now should i upgrade the ram to the 4gigs until i can afford to get a gaming rig or should i not worry about it? (im aiming for more FPS in RoR and im not sure if ram will make a difference in that or not with the integrated graphics card,) Thanks

going to have to agree with rock, and tom... It just doesn't make sense to buy something new for that computer when you could probably get a good desktop or a fair laptop for cheap....

I just got my toshiba sattelite quad core laptop for 278 and i can run max settings...

Well i was looking and can get a 2gb ram stick for 20 bucks to toss into the second slot to bump it up to 4 gigs total im just asking if it would really make a difference in RoR performance or not (also note im running crappy Vista with only 2GBs of ram so... but in the future im gonna get a gaming rig just not sure when

Well just opened this thing up because we thought we had a spare 2 GB card laying around and found out this thing is 2 1GB sticks instead of 1 2GB stick like we thought and like i already knew everything on this one is integrated...so since i cant upgrade really anything on this one other then ram i may spend the 40 bucks or so to buy 2 2GB sticks to toss in it to at least speed it up a little bit and hope it helps FPS untill i can get a gaming rig hopefully in a few months