Flag Messing Up Tire?

Sergeant Politeness

Question

Two for one for me! Anyhow, I'm trying to do something a bit more basic, add a flag to a truck. Since the Monster Jam Store has got perfect photos of the various flags trucks have ran I wanted to add it for aesthetic effect. So I added a flag to Zombie (the one used on the American Guardian custom as a base) and I added Image File, the Mesh File, and the Material File (with it renamed of course so it wouldn't override the original) and I did this in the truck file:

4CAMdPA.png

Went in game, the flag worked fine. So that should be the end of it I thought. Nope. Now the back right tire won't spin (the rim works fine, but the tire itself doesn't spin at all, and it's the only one that does this)

Anyone know what went wrong? Should I edit the placement of the tire to fix this?

14 answers to this question

I've noticed that some modifications to the node/beam structure messes with other aspects of the truck. For instance, I noticed the tires flex differently when the arm n/b is added or that turning radius decreases when adding spinner rims or making "breakable" bodies. I don't know all that much about node/beam structures but I'll look into it this week when I'm not busy with school and see what I can do to help you out.

I've noticed that some modifications to the node/beam structure messes with other aspects of the truck. For instance, I noticed the tires flex differently when the arm n/b is added or that turning radius decreases when adding spinner rims or making "breakable" bodies. I don't know all that much about node/beam structures but I'll look into it this week when I'm not busy with school and see what I can do to help you out.

Much appreciated man! I'm hoping to do a pack with all the different flags

I made a thread about this the other day as I'm trying to edit swaybars, but it keeps affecting the wheels. How are node/beam structures usually edited, in Editorizer?

I made a thread about this the other day as I'm trying to edit swaybars, but it keeps affecting the wheels. How are node/beam structures usually edited, in Editorizer?

Node/beams can be edited manually in the .truck file using Notepad or done much easier in Blender. Kozak (Outlawed) made a tutorial on it: http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/tutorials/article/73-importing-and-exporting-truck-files/%C2'> we just need an entirely new n/b structure. I know several members have said that and a few have also worked on more accurate ones, but the only one that's been released is Matt's (SealedGecko) PEI breakable, which is still a WIP.

That's weird that it's not working. I forgot that I use 39.5 so I tried it in .37 and it worked just fine. I'll texture and export the MJ flags real quick and release them. Maybe, for whatever reason, it will work with a new .mesh.

That's weird that it's not working. I forgot that I use 39.5 so I tried it in .37 and it worked just fine. I'll texture and export the MJ flags real quick and release them. Maybe, for whatever reason, it will work with a new .mesh.

I'm not really sure, since I've used the flag from Captain's Curse, Grave Digger, American Guardian, and Voth's custom Weapon 1 using those lines but it didn't fix anything.

Node/beams can be edited manually in the .truck file using Notepad or done much easier in Blender. Kozak (Outlawed) made a tutorial on it: we just need an entirely new n/b structure. I know several members have said that and a few have also worked on more accurate ones, but the only one that's been released is Matt's (SealedGecko) PEI breakable, which is still a WIP.

Interesting, didn't know this could be done in Blender. Where can I find the tutorial?