RoR .38 Freezes During Start Up

steiale

Question

So first off, I understand that you guys might not be able to help me since I am using the .38 version.

A few weeks ago when Wild Thang, Devin's Motorsports Pack and Grave Digger #23 came out, I was at Michigan State University at a conference. I had downloaded those mods, and when I launched the game, it froze up when all the mods where being loaded into game. I have a ton of mods in .38, so I deleted multiple files and then relaunched game. I kept doing this, but RoR froze up even earlier in the alphabet (I.E. it first froze up in the M's and then later on it froze up at the B's. After running security scans and then uninstalling RoR, I re-downloaded it today and tried again. It froze up in the numbers this time. I cleared and regened the game and it still freezes up. It also freezes up the computer and I have to manually restart every time I try to launch game. 

Any ideas on what is causing this or how to fix this?

4 answers to this question

When you uninstalled the game you deleted everything correct? That means the folder in Documents/My Documents and the folder on your main hard drive.

Copy whatever folders you keep your addons in and then reinstall ROR 0.38. Then replace the packs, vehicles, and terrains folder with the copied ones that have your addons.

I did not delete the folder that sits in my Documents that holds all the addons. The main hard drive folder was uninstalled. I reinstalled today and it kept all of the old addons folders (packs, terrains, vehicles, etc) in documents. There was an option in the installer to not create new ones which I used.

Seeing as the problem originated after downloading vehicles and placing them in the folder, wouldn't copying and pasting give me the same issue?