cant get the game working

kmp21093

Question

Ive downloaded numerous versions of the game 37,38,4 and cannot get the truck and tracks to load. With version 4 I can get the trucks to load but no tracks and that's the most luck ive had. I now get orge exception 5 cannot find gravedigger red flare and ive since added that file. Then ive gotten an orge exception billboard set. Just looking for some guidance on how to get the game going. Thanks!

11 answers to this question

Could you check your ROR log located in my documents/Rigs of Rod/Logs/Ror.log

It should list in more detail any issues.

OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Unable to derive resource group for BlackSwaybarLink.mesh automatically since the resource was not found. in ResourceGroupManager::findGroupContainingResource at C:\data\codehg\dependencies\src\Ogre\ogre_src_v1-8-1\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 1793) is from the log. Ive gotten version 4 working with trucks however some show up with white frames and all have white tires. I cannot get the tracks to load at all still.

Are we still talking about 4.5 or 37? Because 4.5 uses terrain2 not terrain like the older versions of ROR. All of the trucks and tracks on here are made for 37.

Your error says that your missing BlackSwaybarlink.mesh, are you sure that V4 downloaded entirely?

I have v4 downloaded now that's the only way I could get the trucks to show up. I couldn't find a full download of 37. and he partial download of it that I did have well what I think was a partial download I couldn't get trucks or tracks to show up. I know this site has a link for 2 different versions of 37 not sure which is right or if I need both. Sorry to be a pain with all of the confusion.

Sorry for the delayed response but ive downloaded that version and it says its not a complete download ive tried googling it and downloading from another site and had the same result. However the game will open and the trucks and tracks both show up but after selecting a truck I get orge exception 5 (item identity exception) which goes back to GraveDiggerredflare and it says it cant find it in BillboardSet::setMaterialName. Hopefully this is a simple fix from here now that I have everything showing up in the game atleast.