Minor (but HIGHLY annoying) error.

AlienVibez

Question

Hello, I've posted on the forum before about a related issue I believe. If not, I've defiantly posted about certain trucks not spawning. The best answer I could ever get was "Try it in 0.37 and it should work." I'm now running everything in 0.37. I have the same issues. Just on less trucks. But, Now it seems as if EVERY truck I download that is not in the SV4 pack doesn't work properly for me. It either doesn't spawn, or I'll get white tires, partially white tires, and with the white tires I get no engine sounds. I can deal with white tires. But, no sound just ruins the whole thing! I have a screenshot. It is from a newly uploaded truck, I am certain it is not a flaw with the truck. But a flaw for me personally. So, with that being said? What causes this sorcery? Edit: I can't post the screenshot. It only allows me to post 30.72KB and the picture is 138KB

6 answers to this question

ok i can help

1. make a new folder in your packs called v4

2. copy and paste all of the other v4 trucks into your new folder

3. than go into the folder of the truck you want and copy and paste everything in the folder into your new v4 folder

4. than clear and regain cache 

5. than the truck should work, do that every time you get a new truck

i hope this works 

Edited by monsterjam1

You have to use an external photo hosting site, you cannot upload them to the site.
If a truck does not spawn check the ROR.log located in my documents/rigs of rod/logs to see what is causing the issue
If the truck loads ingame but there is white parts it means your missing textures or material file is incorrect or missing.

ok i can help

1. make a new folder in your packs called v4

2. copy and paste all of the other v4 trucks into your new folder

3. than go into the folder of the truck you want and copy and paste everything in the folder into your new v4 folder

4. than clear and regain cache 

5. than the truck should work, do that every time you get a new truck

i hope this works 

Just to clarify, I have a new v4 folder in packs. I copied and pasted two trucks that I know didn't work before. Now, you said " than go into the folder of the truck you want and copy and paste everything in the folder into your new v4 folder" So, does this mean when I place a trucks folder into the V4 folder I created, I remove all contents and just place them in the V4 folder alone? Also, how do I clear and Regain cache?

Also, I didn't think of it when I first posted this but I feel it's important. I do place my trucks in the vehicles folder. I only place tracks in the packs folder, and I have SMV4 in there. I also don't unzip folders. I've never felt the need to.

you keep the version 4 stuff, then go into the folder of the truck you want and copy everything in it not the folder just the stuff in the folder than you paste it into you new v4 folder, to clear and regain you have to go to the configurator than go to where it says advance and then the clear and regain is there you just press clear and then regain and try the trucks you want, everytime you want a new truck do those step including clear and regain