What Number Digger Is This?

Doomed User

Dennis Taft has this under Grave Digger 2, but 2 rode much lower and didn't have those big bulky sponsor plates. Same body style as run on Diggers 2-5 and sometimes 7 and 10, generally the same paint, different looking ghost.

EDIT Also has modern sponsors, including VP Racing Fuels and Coan.

grave_digger_2010_by_gbraden-d367tn0.jpg

Just now, Mr. Self Destruct said:

They could at least give it a number if it was, like 1.5 or 2.5. It wouldn't surprise me if it was, though.

Why? It's going to sit in front of a store forever. Does Hendrick Motorsports give chassis ID's to specially-built showcar chassis?

The only thing that is 2 is the body. The chassis was built by a group of tech students. This truck was then used for a water crossing in the currituck sound. The front clip I believe is off of 3. The original 2 chassis was used as a display in the dungeon with GD 5's body on it. This truck was nicknamed Wave Digger and is now functional again thanks to Adam.

Just now, Crazyboy335 said:

Why? It's going to sit in front of a store forever.

Just so it's not a COMPLETE waste of time. I mean, it is going to sit outside of a building until it falls apart (they'll probably just use superglue in the long run), but at least give it some kind of moral value.

1 minute ago, Alan E. said:

The only thing that is 2 is the body. The chassis was built by a group of tech students. This truck was then used for a water crossing in the currituck sound. The front clip I believe is off of 3. The original 2 chassis was used as a display in the dungeon with GD 5's body on it. This truck was nicknamed Wave Digger and is now functional again thanks to Adam.

I thought I saw that in a picture but I wasn't 100% because the water was hiding almost all of the chassis.

On 11/24/2016 at 11:56 PM, Crazyboy335 said:

Why? It's going to sit in front of a store forever. Does Hendrick Motorsports give chassis ID's to specially-built showcar chassis?

Yes, but all show cars are just former race cars for them, thus why they have numbers. All top teams just use old cars that are about to be sold scrapped etc etc.