Talked to a driver

TruckMonster

So I was riding down the highway a few weeks back and saw a monster truck in a parking lot so I pulled over to see what was up.He was there for a promotion event and we happened to show up just as he got set up and were able to talk to him for about 20 minutes.He told us a few things that kinda blew my mind.One,that Monster Jam shows decide beforehand who will be doing back flips as they will most likely be breaking something, and two, and I KNOW you guys don't want this rumor started again buuuuttt....apparently the main person with "The Company" (I assumed Feld) who had issues with Mr. Bigfoot is no longer with "The Company" and the driver told me things will probably be different now.

..didn't think i should attach the driver's name to this..

They do not want events over saturated with backflips, they limit the amount so its not just 10-12 trucks backflipping at every event. Ontop of that you also have to adhere to safety requirements to be able to do a backflip, not just the trucks but the drivers aswell. As for team Bigfoot, they send their booking info out at the start of each year, FELD chooses who they want or do not want for their shows.

3 minutes ago, Outlawed said:

They do not want events over saturated with backflips, they limit the amount so its not just 10-12 trucks backflipping at every event. Ontop of that you also have to adhere to safety requirements to be able to do a backflip, not just the trucks but the drivers aswell. As for team Bigfoot, they send their booking info out at the start of each year, FELD chooses who they want or do not want for their shows.

the driver told me it was mostly because of one person within Feld and that person is no longer with them...just repeating what i was told...i dont KNOW anything  lol

i think that they should get rid of the backflip ramp and build it into a bus stack like in 2014 because after accouple people use it it goes away and is useless and its more difficult to pull one off so drivers dont use it that much making it so that every winner who wins is because of the backflip when nobody really trying for it but when they do they deserve the win

4 hours ago, TruckMonster said:

So I was riding down the highway a few weeks back and saw a monster truck in a parking lot so I pulled over to see what was up.He was there for a promotion event and we happened to show up just as he got set up and were able to talk to him for about 20 minutes.He told us a few things that kinda blew my mind.One,that Monster Jam shows decide beforehand who will be doing back flips as they will most likely be breaking something

Not always true. It varies event to event whose truck gets pre-cleared for backflips among the company fleet. Even then, sometimes that just goes out the window and drivers do one anyway. On the FS1 tour the last two years all trucks were cleared to flip. For the fleet it comes down to budgets and damage control basically. A lot of the drivers cleared to flip are the ones that want to anyway.

Well at an official judging stand-point. A back is 3 points. A jump is just 1 point, while wheelies, donuts, and save differ depending how long or how many times you do it; but they mostly goes by 2-4 points including how much momentum and speed is throughout. But fan judges only judge by what they see as a good move and they throw up a score of which they think is appropriate. It's effed up, I know, but it's just how it is.

The reason I don't like the backflip move is, more often than not, the trucks either break or under-rotate them and there goes the good run they were having.  Also, many drivers, just save their trucks for the whole regulation time and try the backflip in bonus.

Also if the driver completes a backflip, the fan judges go nuts and pretty much automatically give them the win.

On 7/17/2016 at 3:13 PM, midwestmonster said:

Also if the driver completes a backflip, the fan judges go nuts and pretty much automatically give them the win.

That doesn't clarify how Obsessed won in San Diego over Captain's Curse.