Converting from .4 to .3

steiale

Question

So, I'm gonna start with the fact that yes, I'm old school and still use .37 as my primary RoR. I don't compete anymore and I primarily use RoR for my own personal use. 

Because the rest of the community switched over to .4 and so has majority of the content, Is there anything I can do to convert things (both tracks and trucks) over to .37? Is there a program to use? Let me know what's out there to use!

6 answers to this question

trucks are easier, minus the node beam sometimes being visible and having random red faces. This fixes the tire node beams from being visible and white.

Other then that the move to 4.0 forced people to make their trucks stand alone and that is pretty much it.

I have a question on truck conversion: What do I do if I get a mesh serializer error? Specifically on Stimson's Ice Cream Man, I took out the red flare section, but I get the mesh serializer error when I load it and spawn it in game. Haven't gotten a chance to reverse engineer the track conversion yet, so I might have some future questions along those lines.

18 hours ago, Swegliner849 said:

i think its because he used the .4 XML converter to export from blender to ror. I had the same problem with the 3rd gen bkts and all i had to do to get them working was to re export them using the .37 XML converter.

How would I go about converting these? If I'm remembering correctly you've been successful with this before on some other projects