Jump to content
Sim Monsters
Sign in to follow this  
CarCrusher

Idea for a brand new professional monster truck racing series.

Idea for a brand new monster truck racing series  

9 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you prefer the model I’m proposing, or the current status-quo of the industry?

    • My model
    • Current Model (i.e. Monster Jam and others)


Recommended Posts

Hey guys, I’m back again. Remember me? I’m the guy who was talking earlier this year about potentially building a truck, starting a team, etc.

So, recently I’ve been busy working on a new business venture, trying to build the capital to make some of these dreams of mine come true. They are starting to reap benefits, and now I’m starting to get more serious about jumping into the business.

As you guys know, earlier this year I talked about my criticisms of the monster truck industry, and also expressed my own dream of creating a new monster truck series that would be much different than the status-quo of the industry as it is today, and would be a legitimate racing series, as opposed to a traveling circus/thrill show for cheap family entertainment.

I know that basing a racing-only, or racing-focused series on the standard old traditional format of monster truck racing as it’s always been would never cut it. I understand that there needs to be something new, and reinvigorating to the sport in order to make a legitimate racing-only series successful.

Well, recently I had someone give me this epiphany idea of having a monster truck circuit racing series, wherein you’ve got a 16 truck field. 4 trucks compete on the track at one time, and are divided up into 4 groups of 4. The racing courses would have to be held on outdoor racetracks large enough to build a 2-4-turn racing course big enough to accommodate 4 monster trucks at one time. There would be three 3-lap qualifying heats with each group of 4, and one 5-lap main event with groups of 4 in qualifying order. (i.e. the top 4 qualifying trucks would be in the A-main, 5-8 would be in the B-main, and so on and so forth). 

For qualifying, you would randomly sort the trucks into groups of 4 in the first heat. Then after the first round of qualifying is finished, you’d resort the groups into current qualifying order. After the third heat, you would set up the 4 mains based on qualifying order as explained above.

I also envision having “staggered starts” for the qualifying rounds wherein each truck is called separately to start, and is on their own clock, but there are 4 trucks on the track at the same time. But the mains would be “heads up” starts, where the trucks are placed on a grid by qualifying order, and everyone goes on the green light.  (what I’m basically describing is how r/c races are run).  

At the end, purse money and trophies would be awarded to top three fishers, as well as top qualifier.

The end of each show would have a podium ceremony wherein the top three finishers would be called out individually. Each would perform a 2-minute freestyle run, and a trophy/money award ceremony would take place afterward (This is how we would smuggle in some freestyle without making the series about that).

What do you guys think of this idea for a series? Would you prefer this concept over the current status-quo format of the industry? Please share your thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see my description of the racing format I’m proposing is poorly done, and kind of convoluted. Let me try to clarify.

So basically, it would be a 16-truck field. 4-truck heats. 3 qualifying rounds and a main. Heats are resorted after the first round into qualifying order. “Staggered” starts for the qualifiers (everyone on their own clock), and “heads up” starts for the mains (everyone on the same clock/racing each other). Awards for top 3 finishers and top qualifier. Victory freestyles for top 3 finishers and TQ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I see. Everyone’s too good to respond to me. Well okay then. I won’t bother you guys again in that case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just dont see this going far, not that its not a good idea. With todays monster jam industry its aimed towards kids, everyone knows and accepts that. I just dont see having 3 freestyle runs enough to draw in the crowd you need to in order to profit money. People will enjoy it but not enough for it to be a business i dont think.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 9:45 AM, monster jam fan said:

I just dont see this going far, not that its not a good idea. With todays monster jam industry its aimed towards kids, everyone knows and accepts that. I just dont see having 3 freestyle runs enough to draw in the crowd you need to in order to profit money. People will enjoy it but not enough for it to be a business i dont think.

Thank you for at least sharing your thoughts. At least you weren’t like most of the others who just voted down, and poo pooed my idea, and didn’t even leave a reply, or add any dialogue to the discussion.

However, I must kindly disagree with you, and point out that your argument is kind of a circular tautology.

In essence, you’re argument is this: “It won’t work because monster trucks appeal to kids.........because the industry gears itself towards appealing to kids.”

(in the nicest way possible) Well duh!!!

That’s why, as I’ve been saying, in order to draw in the 18-25+ aged crowd and grow the sport, you have to stop making the shows feel like you’re at Chucky Cheese’s or Disney on Ice, and start making the young adult crowd feel like they’re at something more like Supercross or NHRA, or some other event they’re not embarrassed to be at by themselves, or without little kids. As it is today, anyone over the age of 13 thinks “I’m too old to be here”, when they go to a Monster Jam show.

This is what bugs me about most people, they just can’t see beyond the status-quo. Doesn’t anybody realize that kids are not the only demographic in the world? Heck, they’re not even the most lucrative demographic to appeal to. At least not SOLELY to. This is because appealing ONLY to little kids results in virtually no adult fans, and as a result, an industry wherein the vast majority of people who show up to the shows are just casual laypeople bringing their kids to “the big truck show”, and have no vested interest in the sport beyond the fact that it’s just an “outing for their family/kids”. There can be little-to-no dedication or growth for the sport this way. Appealing only to kids keeps the fanbase mostly casual/apathetic, and hence you just get stuck with a joke of a sport nobody over the age of 13 wants to admit they like.

I personally believe the sport needs reinvigorating. There needs to be something new. The old model is just pathetic and sad in my view. 

There needs to be a more serious alternative to Monster Jam that focuses on legitimate competition.  

For starters, it needs to not be owned and operated by a traveling circus promotion company, but by an actual motorsports sanctioning body/racing organization. 

I also don’t buy the argument that freestyle is more exciting than racing. Yeah, if you’re talking about the standard, crap racing that currently exists in the status-quo of today, sure I’ll give you that. But what I’m proposing much different. If done right, racing is so much more intense and better than freestyle could ever be. Racing today is just a quick afterthought, and the way it is handled is undeniably boring.

Take an event like the Circle K Back to School Bash for example. This is an example of a Monster Truck event where the racing outshines the freestyle. That’s because they build awesome tracks, and put the trucks to the test, and the racing is eventful and exciting.

What I’m proposing would be even more different than that. Circuit racing with large jumps/obstacles, and 4 trucks at a time, rather then the standard 2-truck, head-to-head format that has been the status-quo for 3 decades. 

I will break down the racing format I’ve concocted in more detail in the next post. I think it would be awesome, and should be given a try.

Lastly, I’m not proposing to outright get rid of freestyle. I’m just proposing to have a more serious, racing-focused series, and the freestyle would be celebratory, not one of the competitions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a big problem with circuit racing is is that these trucks just aren’t built to handle running past 2 minutes or so- the cooling system simply cannot keep up, and the amount of fuel they down would be insane in those races. You’d be looking at a lot of down time just to cool trucks down. I think it would be cool, but just not feasible for a monster truck. The other big point I’d like to make is is that while it’s geared towards kids, I think those parents enjoy all those same things just as much. I love a good race, but I also love to watch a insane or a nice clean freestyle as well. Another thing to look at is those sports you compare to- NASCAR, Supercross, NHRA, etc, the big legit racing series- are falling off. I don’t think it’s any secret that Nascar is declining, and I think the only reason the NHRA has kinda climbed back up a little is because of the huge popularlity of Street Outlaws. I just think those legit motor sports don’t have the following anymore. I think MTs have all the makings of that- dramatic story lines(thrashes and such) and some amazing action, but I just don’t think it’s a big time legit racing only series anymore. Maybe one day, but I just don’t think it’s there right now. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m obviously arguing with a brick wall here, and wasting my time trying to convince a crowd that is not merely apathetic, but I think being intentionally obtuse, difficult, dismissive, and rude towards me just because they can be. If you were being charitable and decent, you would humor me just a little bit, and try to imagine the ideas I’m putting forward, and giving them some fair consideration, but instead I’m doing all the heavy lifting here while everyone else just sits back and blows me off like I’m not worth their time. 6 people voted against my idea in the poll, and not one of those voters has contributed one single post to this discussion. This tells me they’re just doing it to be intentionally rude, and I think they know it. 

There is such a thing as being charitable, and treating others like they’re somewhat worthy of some your time, and their thoughts are worthy of some consideration. But I see the community here has no common decency really. 

These are things I’ve thought a lot about. They are dreams of mine, and I’ve actually got the capital now to possibly launch something like this. Albeit, on a smaller scale to start off with, but it would be a start nonetheless.

Regardless, it just blows my mind to bits that people actually prefer the crap industry as it is today over something like I’m proposing. You really mean to tell me that you’d prefer a model where a traveling circus production company, not a motorsports/racing organization, owns the series, monopolizes most of the trucks, kicks independent teams to the curb, treats the shows like traveling Disney on Ice shows for kids rather than a true racing series, and destroys the integrity and legitimacy of the sport? You would seriously rather have that than a true motorsports series that appeals to both children and adults,  one that is focused on building up independent teams, bringing legitimacy to the sport, growing the fanbase, etc...? You really like the fact that indie teams get paid a lousy booking fee, and can’t get good backing?

@NitroMenace, you mentioned that even though it’s geared towards children, the adults still enjoy being there. Well, that’s not really my point. Well actually, it kind of IS my point. My point is that the industry is aimed at children, which pushes away adults from really getting into it. You guys are making my points for me. If the industry did more to appeal to adults too, the dedicated fanbase would grow, and as a result, the sport would thrive much more. Because it’s monster trucks, you will always have the kids following it. You don’t have to make it like Chucky Cheese’s to rack in the kid fanbase. They’ll be there regardless because it’s monster trucks. It’s the adult crowd (ones with the money in their pockets) that you want to appeal to. You’ve got to give them an incentive to follow the sport, and not feel embarrassed to to do so on their own. 

Anyway, I know I’m arguing with a brick wall. You guys will continue to be purposely obtuse, and will intentionally try to not understand what I’m saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CarCrusher said:

I’m obviously arguing with a brick wall here, and wasting my time trying to convince a crowd that is not merely apathetic, but I think being intentionally obtuse, difficult, dismissive, and rude towards me just because they can be. If you were being charitable and decent, you would humor me just a little bit, and try to imagine the ideas I’m putting forward, and giving them some fair consideration, but instead I’m doing all the heavy lifting here while everyone else just sits back and blows me off like I’m not worth their time. 6 people voted against my idea in the poll, and not one of those voters has contributed one single post to this discussion. This tells me they’re just doing it to be intentionally rude, and I think they know it. 

There is such a thing as being charitable, and treating others like they’re somewhat worthy of some your time, and their thoughts are worthy of some consideration. But I see the community here has no common decency really. 

These are things I’ve thought a lot about. They are dreams of mine, and I’ve actually got the capital now to possibly launch something like this. Albeit, on a smaller scale to start off with, but it would be a start nonetheless.

Regardless, it just blows my mind to bits that people actually prefer the crap industry as it is today over something like I’m proposing. You really mean to tell me that you’d prefer a model where a traveling circus production company, not a motorsports/racing organization, owns the series, monopolizes most of the trucks, kicks independent teams to the curb, treats the shows like traveling Disney on Ice shows for kids rather than a true racing series, and destroys the integrity and legitimacy of the sport? You would seriously rather have that than a true motorsports series that appeals to both children and adults,  one that is focused on building up independent teams, bringing legitimacy to the sport, growing the fanbase, etc...? You really like the fact that indie teams get paid a lousy booking fee, and can’t get good backing?

@NitroMenace, you mentioned that even though it’s geared towards children, the adults still enjoy being there. Well, that’s not really my point. Well actually, it kind of IS my point. My point is that the industry is aimed at children, which pushes away adults from really getting into it. You guys are making my points for me. If the industry did more to appeal to adults too, the dedicated fanbase would grow, and as a result, the sport would thrive much more. Because it’s monster trucks, you will always have the kids following it. You don’t have to make it like Chucky Cheese’s to rack in the kid fanbase. They’ll be there regardless because it’s monster trucks. It’s the adult crowd (ones with the money in their pockets) that you want to appeal to. You’ve got to give them an incentive to follow the sport, and not feel embarrassed to to do so on their own. 

Anyway, I know I’m arguing with a brick wall. You guys will continue to be purposely obtuse, and will intentionally try to not understand what I’m saying.

I think you’re the one kind of missing the point- For one, I think your idea is pretty awesome. But I think you missed my major point- that those motor sports that are geared towards adults- Supercross, NHRA, etc- are really not as popular anymore it seems. It honestly amazes me that they still have the backing they do. My other big point is that in my honest opinion, I think Mj has a good mix of both. They have the point series with a real reward for the people who want to follow along, with legit racing- trust me, it’s not rigged, our trucks have won plenty over MJ trucks- and it also has the kid feel with the crazy trucks and antics. And MJ isn’t kicking indies to the curb- all stadium tours are made up of a majority of indies, every arena tour has atleast 2 indies, and other random shows are only indies. In my personal opinion MJ is doing it right, and helping the industry grow. And on top of that, like I said before, not sure if you read that part- your idea is cool, but just not feasible for the trucks performance wise. I also feel your claims of people just disagreeing with you to disagree is a little out of line, you demanded people share their view, they did, and now you attack them because it’s not your view. Kind of defeats the purpose of opinions and discussions 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CarCrusher said:

I’m obviously arguing with a brick wall here, and wasting my time trying to convince a crowd that is not merely apathetic, but I think being intentionally obtuse, difficult, dismissive, and rude towards me just because they can be. If you were being charitable and decent, you would humor me just a little bit, and try to imagine the ideas I’m putting forward, and giving them some fair consideration, but instead I’m doing all the heavy lifting here while everyone else just sits back and blows me off like I’m not worth their time. 6 people voted against my idea in the poll, and not one of those voters has contributed one single post to this discussion. This tells me they’re just doing it to be intentionally rude, and I think they know it. 

There is such a thing as being charitable, and treating others like they’re somewhat worthy of some your time, and their thoughts are worthy of some consideration. But I see the community here has no common decency really. 

These are things I’ve thought a lot about. They are dreams of mine, and I’ve actually got the capital now to possibly launch something like this. Albeit, on a smaller scale to start off with, but it would be a start nonetheless.

Regardless, it just blows my mind to bits that people actually prefer the crap industry as it is today over something like I’m proposing. You really mean to tell me that you’d prefer a model where a traveling circus production company, not a motorsports/racing organization, owns the series, monopolizes most of the trucks, kicks independent teams to the curb, treats the shows like traveling Disney on Ice shows for kids rather than a true racing series, and destroys the integrity and legitimacy of the sport? You would seriously rather have that than a true motorsports series that appeals to both children and adults,  one that is focused on building up independent teams, bringing legitimacy to the sport, growing the fanbase, etc...? You really like the fact that indie teams get paid a lousy booking fee, and can’t get good backing?

@NitroMenace, you mentioned that even though it’s geared towards children, the adults still enjoy being there. Well, that’s not really my point. Well actually, it kind of IS my point. My point is that the industry is aimed at children, which pushes away adults from really getting into it. You guys are making my points for me. If the industry did more to appeal to adults too, the dedicated fanbase would grow, and as a result, the sport would thrive much more. Because it’s monster trucks, you will always have the kids following it. You don’t have to make it like Chucky Cheese’s to rack in the kid fanbase. They’ll be there regardless because it’s monster trucks. It’s the adult crowd (ones with the money in their pockets) that you want to appeal to. You’ve got to give them an incentive to follow the sport, and not feel embarrassed to to do so on their own. 

Anyway, I know I’m arguing with a brick wall. You guys will continue to be purposely obtuse, and will intentionally try to not understand what I’m saying.

Not going to lie I didn't even read more than the first two sections of this post because of your attitude.  No one is required to listen to you, give their feedback or agree with your ideas.  We don't owe you anything so don't act like people don't care or are being dismissive as if you have something everyone MUST read, agree with, respond to or care about.  Stop sounding so self-entitled with just ideas, if you're trying to get your ideas into action you won't get farther than a stones throw with your current attitude.  No one has to be nice, and in most businesses people are cut throat in order to make it. Get used to it. 

With that being said, I applaud your ideas and efforts to try and bring something new to the industry . I personally don't see it feasible with the way the entire culture towards motorsports is in this country anymore.  It's dying.  The age of gear-heads simply doesn't exist anymore.  If you want to try it, go ahead, literally no one is stopping you, I just don't see it being successful. 

After all, we all call this the monster truck INDUSTRY, because that's simply what it is and what I think it always will be, even if you disagree with the reasons why it's an industry.  The way it is now is successful (whether you like or agree with it or not) and until something better comes along theres no reason the people up top will change it.  If you want to be that force to stir change, go for it.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not gonna add anything to this but all I'll say is World Finals racing nights have always been much less sold than Freestyle night - I don't think an almost pure racing league would work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, EightBitMS said:

I'm not gonna add anything to this but all I'll say is World Finals racing nights have always been much less sold than Freestyle night - I don't think an almost pure racing league would work.

Not to mention, I don't know how much "integrity and legitimacy" monster truck racing really has, honestly, at least in the eyes of the audience. For as long as I can remember, it's been seen as corny and low-brow. Hardcore fans were arguing that back in 2001 because of freestyle taking over racing. I usually say that monster trucks are for people who only like NASCAR for the crashes, and considering most people my age don't like NASCAR, the destructive nature of monster trucks can't be so bad.

We've been over this same topic before, too. Of course people enjoy seeing the trucks race each other for the sake of competition, but I'd say the vast majority of the audience wants to see the overall performances a lot more, whether they come in racing or freestyle. It always been a spectator-sport. It was all about racing back in the day because all those trucks really could do was jump onto cars at high speeds, and that was the performance. That was the most entertaining thing you could see, and we've come a long way from then. I yawn at backflips, having seen ten thousand of them, but that's still one of the most entertaining things a monster truck can do. Not that racing and fair competition don't matter to me, of course. They should always be there, but it's not what people care about the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NitroMenace said:

I think you’re the one kind of missing the point- For one, I think your idea is pretty awesome. But I think you missed my major point- that those motor sports that are geared towards adults- Supercross, NHRA, etc- are really not as popular anymore it seems. It honestly amazes me that they still have the backing they do. My other big point is that in my honest opinion, I think Mj has a good mix of both. They have the point series with a real reward for the people who want to follow along, with legit racing- trust me, it’s not rigged, our trucks have won plenty over MJ trucks- and it also has the kid feel with the crazy trucks and antics. And MJ isn’t kicking indies to the curb- all stadium tours are made up of a majority of indies, every arena tour has atleast 2 indies, and other random shows are only indies. In my personal opinion MJ is doing it right, and helping the industry grow. And on top of that, like I said before, not sure if you read that part- your idea is cool, but just not feasible for the trucks performance wise. I also feel your claims of people just disagreeing with you to disagree is a little out of line, you demanded people share their view, they did, and now you attack them because it’s not your view. Kind of defeats the purpose of opinions and discussions 

You are certainly stating facts that I agree with, and I’m not “attacking” anyone for disagreeing with me. I’m simply annoyed that people just dismiss what I’ve brought to the table without even contributing to the discussion, or attempting to be charitable and give my ideas some fair consideration. Seems intentionally rude to me. That’s all I’m saying.

But like I said, your facts are on the mark, and I agree. Where the two of us differ is in how we unravel and interpret the big picture.

With Feld, what I see is that you’ve got a situation where what is essentially a multinational entertainment corporation has ceased the industry, and is doing precisely what multinational corporations do - try to monopolize the industry, acquire ownership and control of all aspects, thus choking out the competition and independent teams. Then they intentionally working to dumb-down the collective IQ of their fanbase by offering only “cheap thrills”, and appealing only to children and the lowest common denominator of people. Hence, why the Monster Truck business today is all about “carnage and destruction”, and has no real substance. Substance is not easy to sell. It’s cheap thrills to dumbed-down normies that is easy to sell.

They treat the shows the same way they treat Disney on Ice. It’s just a traveling family show nobody cares about once they leave the arena. They dumb down the fanbase, appeal predominantly to the kids, offer no substance that might attract a serious adult following, fill the venues with casual normie fans, and sell cheap entertainment to unattached simps who know nothing about the industry and don’t care.

I get that this may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it’s not far from accurate, and it’s certainly headed in this direction.

This is why Feld owns most of the trucks in the series, which are only allowed to compete on their circuit exclusively. This is why they’re slowly moving towards 3D bodies rather than real truck bodies, so they can own all the designs for merchandizing and such. They’re not on the side of the independent.

You say you’re okay with them because they do let someone indie teams compete.  But why is it not comprised of ALL independent teams? Why do they own ANY of the trucks? Shows you where their heart is at. It’s to create a monopoly that is self-contained, eventually dispensing with indies, and continuing to dumb down the fanbase, sell cheap entertainment to casual fans, and rake in all the money for themselves. This the classic multinational corporation business model, and goal #1. They want stupid fans who know nothing about it. Just bring us your money and we’ll give you cheap entertainment, toys, merch, and other fluff stuff.

What I’m proposing is to bring real substance, legitimacy, credibility, and real racing/competition to the sport. I want to be on the side of independent teams, lift them up, and grow a sport that has integrity like other motorsports.

Edit: I’ll also just add that if I chose to do this, I would not be in this for personal gain. My goal would be to reinvigorate the sport, and do everything I can to help indie teams make money and thrive. I don’t care if I don’t make a red cent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CarCrusher said:

You are certainly stating facts that I agree with, and I’m not “attacking” anyone for disagreeing with me. I’m simply annoyed that people just dismiss what I’ve brought to the table without even contributing to the discussion, or attempting to be charitable and give my ideas some fair consideration. Seems intentionally rude to me. That’s all I’m saying.

But like I said, your facts are on the mark, and I agree. Where the two of us differ is in how we unravel and interpret the big picture.

With Feld, what I see is that you’ve got a situation where what is essentially a multinational entertainment corporation has ceased the industry, and is doing precisely what multinational corporations do - try to monopolize the industry, acquire ownership and control of all aspects, thus choking out the competition and independent teams. Then they intentionally working to dumb-down the collective IQ of their fanbase by offering only “cheap thrills”, and appealing only to children and the lowest common denominator of people. Hence, why the Monster Truck business today is all about “carnage and destruction”, and has no real substance. Substance is not easy to sell. It’s cheap thrills to dumbed-down normies that is easy to sell.

They treat the shows the same way they treat Disney on Ice. It’s just a traveling family show nobody cares about once they leave the arena. They dumb down the fanbase, appeal predominantly to the kids, offer no substance that might attract a serious adult following, fill the venues with casual normie fans, and sell cheap entertainment to unattached simps who know nothing about the industry and don’t care.

I get that this may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it’s not far from accurate, and it’s certainly headed in this direction.

This is why Feld owns most of the trucks in the series, which are only allowed to compete on their circuit exclusively. This is why they’re slowly moving towards 3D bodies rather than real truck bodies, so they can own all the designs for merchandizing and such. They’re not on the side of the independent.

You say you’re okay with them because they do let someone indie teams compete.  But why is it not comprised of ALL independent teams? Why do they own ANY of the trucks? Shows you where their heart is at. It’s to create a monopoly that is self-contained, eventually dispensing with indies, and continuing to dumb down the fanbase, sell cheap entertainment to casual fans, and rake in all the money for themselves. This the classic multinational corporation business model, and goal #1. They want stupid fans who know nothing about it. Just bring us your money and we’ll give you cheap entertainment, toys, merch, and other fluff stuff.

What I’m proposing is to bring real substance, legitimacy, credibility, and real racing/competition to the sport. I want to be on the side of independent teams, lift them up, and grow a sport that has integrity like other motorsports.

Edit: I’ll also just add that if I chose to do this, I would not be in this for personal gain. My goal would be to reinvigorate the sport, and do everything I can to help indie teams make money and thrive. I don’t care if I don’t make a red cent.

The thing you have to realize is that there is substance in my eyes. For those that want to follow it, there is a real legit points series. And like I said, the majority of Monster Jam stadium shows are independents, 8 indies and 6 Mj trucks. They’re sending indies over seas. There’s a tour of random shows completely made up of indies! So in my eyes their not pushing indies out, and they never will because they simply cannot supply all the trucks, but there’s nothing wrong with supplying some, because there has to be some money made outside of the show profits, so that’s where merch comes in. Also, I really don’t understand the 3D body hate honestly. You can’t convince me that Kraken, Wolfs Head, Dragon, Megalodon and others just aren’t bad ass. I think what I’m getting at is that MJ still has legitimacy, but can also provide for fun family entertainment that is imploding MTs all over the world! And they’re not choking out others either. Toughest MT Tour, Throwdown, etc are huge. They do some huge shows. I really just disagree with anyone who thinks MJ is ruining the business, because they’re helping it. And I don’t think anything like the old penda or TNT days will ever make it on its own again- there’s a reason they moved away from it. Stuff that still has that old school racing like the 4 wheel jamborees just aren’t as popular anymore, so it’s really just a good thing that MTs can survive as entertainment to those who want it to be, and a sport to those who chose to see it that way because it still is a sport. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NitroMenace said:

The thing you have to realize is that there is substance in my eyes. For those that want to follow it, there is a real legit points series. And like I said, the majority of Monster Jam stadium shows are independents, 8 indies and 6 Mj trucks. They’re sending indies over seas. There’s a tour of random shows completely made up of indies! So in my eyes their not pushing indies out, and they never will because they simply cannot supply all the trucks, but there’s nothing wrong with supplying some, because there has to be some money made outside of the show profits, so that’s where merch comes in. Also, I really don’t understand the 3D body hate honestly. You can’t convince me that Kraken, Wolfs Head, Dragon, Megalodon and others just aren’t bad ass. I think what I’m getting at is that MJ still has legitimacy, but can also provide for fun family entertainment that is imploding MTs all over the world! And they’re not choking out others either. Toughest MT Tour, Throwdown, etc are huge. They do some huge shows. I really just disagree with anyone who thinks MJ is ruining the business, because they’re helping it. And I don’t think anything like the old penda or TNT days will ever make it on its own again- there’s a reason they moved away from it. Stuff that still has that old school racing like the 4 wheel jamborees just aren’t as popular anymore, so it’s really just a good thing that MTs can survive as entertainment to those who want it to be, and a sport to those who chose to see it that way because it still is a sport. 

Okay, well I’ve tried to get someone to listen. I had some good ideas, and the capital to potentially pursue them. But I guess we can’t grant new ideas any fair consideration. I guess they have to be met up front with resistance and disapproval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You say that as if your idea is the only way, and have taken no time to consider what other people are saying about your idea and the industry as a whole, and just answer with “well no ones listening to my great ideas because they have to dislike me”. You wanted a discussion and you got it, don’t take it so personally if people don’t agree with you, it’s the whole point of a discussion. Plain and simple, monster trucks will never be a racing based sport again, and if you ask me it’s a good thing because that’s what keeping monster trucks around and popular. But at the same by no means am I telling you not to pursue it, because if you want to anything can be tried out. Lots of different series and ideas have been attempted in this industry and you never know what will actually happen until it happens. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...