Blender Track Making Tutorial Videos (Request Thread)

DannyMackey

Question

Been feeling like going over track related Blender tutorials, but I'm not sure what you guys would be interested in learning.  I'm looking to put together a video this weekend for a topic or two in Blender.  I work mostly in 2.49, but can offer a little bit of help in 2.6.  Just post in here what you guys need help with/want to know, anything from the basics of Blender pertaining to track making, to setting up/baking tracks, to how to make obstacles, just make a post and I'll add it to a list in this post.

To Do List:

• Basic Tutorial (General Introduction)
  • Constructing double jumps w/ triangle side jumps
  • Exporting non-collidable props w/o Toolkit
  • How to build a stadium
  • How to make a simple Chicago style track
  • Baking tracks
  • How to make a simple So-Cal style track
  • Texturing Stadiums
  • Creating a custom layout that works/flows.

As a note to everyone, when I make my tutorials and share what I do.  And what I do may not be exactly what someone else may do and there may even be a better way to do it, so take it for what it is, and if you notice something and want to share it, go ahead.  The key reason I'm doing this is to help everyone be better at making stuff and not forcibly making everyone follow one way of making stuff.

• Upvote 2

I would appreciate one with start-up through building jumps.  Like where to save the props to and how to open then and import them into blender and creating jumps with those.  Importing cars and such is what i have struggled with most.  I've tinkered with ramps and stadiums but still don't know how to get props onto the model. I would really appreciate that as it would be really helpful.