Your 2015 in Review

Sergeant Politeness

My 2015 was great! First time going to more than one show ever. As always, I forget when Milwaukee is so I missed that. Then the day before the Super Bowl we traveled just a distance of 45 minutes to the La Crosse Center for some Monster X Tour action consisting of bigfoot, team beast, and backdraft and instigator. Overall it was a great show. We had about a 2 month hiatus then went to Green Bay for the 2nd Monster Jam show I've went to. This show consisted of Chad Tingler, Bri Mahon, BJ Johnson, Lupe Soza, JP Ruggiero, and Jim Benzick. It was a great show with a combined 8 rollovers and some pretty good saves and was probably the best show I've ever went to. The year ended off with a trip to Knoxville,IA to see Randy Brown, Neil Elliot, Sean Duhon, Cynthia gauthier, Andy Hoffman and the debut of Over Bored at a Monster Jam show. The track could've been better but I can't complain as it was a great show.

I honestly don't know what's to come for 2016. I would like to go to Milwaukee, La Crosse and Green Bay this year. I also considered going to Des Moines next weekend but found out we're going to a Packer game the next day so we'll see what happens. 

I attended Columbus, which had an awesome lineup with Grave Digger (Jon Zimmer), Monster Mutt Dalmatian (Candice Jolly), Team Hot Wheels Firestorm (Scott Buetow), Mohawk Warrior (George Balhan), Stinger (Zane Rettew), Instigator (Paul Breaud), El Toro Loco (Marc McDonald), and Zombie (Sean Duhon). However the half the field didn't run all that hard and when a driver did tear up the track, they'd lose due to fan judging. However the show wasn't a total disappointment.

Next up was Pittsburgh, and the field was looking promising- Grave Digger (Pablo Huffaker), Backwards Bob (Bryan Wright), Doom's Day (Colt Stephens), FS1 Cleatus (Frank Krmel), Instigator (Paul Breaud), Backdraft (Ty Cornelius), Hurricane Force (Steven Thompson), and Storm Damage (Tim Mente). The show was awesome, with Backdraft and Doom's Day tearing up the track and giving the fans their money's worth, with Doom's Day having an awesome roll over. Pablo would also roll the Grave Digger in typical fashion.

The final 'event' was visiting Digger's Dungeon during our vacation. Got to see some of the original Diggers, Ryan's SUD chassis in the shop, Teeny's mud truck and Dennis's daughter's truck. Also saw Ryan's new produce store and tried a milkshake at Digger's Diner.

In the fall I went through a corn maze at a local farm/winery, and the maze featured Grave Digger/BKT. 

• 2 weeks later...

2015 sucked so bad it gave me cancer..... Literally gave me cancer.

thank you, for me i got chlamydia, no cars, every single show had the same trucks, horrible ramp designs, and every show looked exactly the same

Edited by monsterjam1

thank you, for me i got chlamydia, no cars, every single show had the same trucks, horrible ramp designs, and every show looked exactly the same

There were two points series running so those tours kind of have to have the same trucks week to week. They still put plenty of cars on the track for freestyle, nothing is lost by them not being built into the ramp.

there was no variety what so ever this monster jam season

Is variety really that important when the quality of shows is as high as it was? The two shows I attended were by far the best two I've been to and I wasn't disappointed by any of the televised events. Even what I've seen on YouTube of arena shows looked pretty good.

There were two points series running so those tours kind of have to have the same trucks week to week. They still put plenty of cars on the track for freestyle, nothing is lost by them not being built into the ramp.

Is variety really that important when the quality of shows is as high as it was? The two shows I attended were by far the best two I've been to and I wasn't disappointed by any of the televised events. Even what I've seen on YouTube of arena shows looked pretty good.

your true but i miss the old days i dont want to turn on the tv and watch the first episode and think oh thats cool, then watch the next few episodes and then think oh the obstacles and trucks are the same ok and it gets boring, i would like to see different trucks and track varieties