Opening an already made truck and repainting.

fade2black17

Question

Hello everyone, I am not good at making my own blender trucks, But would love to be active in creating some trucks. How could I open an already made truck and change the paint. For example editing and Bigfoot truck and changing the paint to say Jersey outlaw. Not looking to raid anyones hard work if I post i will ask permission from creator. I know alot of the leafers share the same body, so just editing paint would almost make a like new truck.

5 minutes ago, fade2black17 said:

I have it lol, But when I drag it over nothing happens.

What i do is drag the files that im gonna modify to my desktop(.truck, .material and .mesh

Then i  drag there the .mesh file (not the .material one) and a file with the same name that can be opened with the notepad will appear in my desktop, i modify it and i delete the previous .mesh file, then i drag the notepad one to the OgreXMLConverter and the file that appears its the good one

i hope that you understood lel

8 minutes ago, Skyliner849 said:

What i do is drag the files that im gonna modify to my desktop(.truck, .material and .mesh

Then i  drag there the .mesh file (not the .material one) and a file with the same name that can be opened with the notepad will appear in my desktop, i modify it and i delete the previous .mesh file, then i drag the notepad one to the OgreXMLConverter and the file that appears its the good one

i hope that you understood lel

So when you say a file with the same name, do you mean like a blank txt file with the same name?

1 minute ago, fade2black17 said:

So when you say a file with the same name, do you mean like a blank txt file with the same name?

A file with the same name i mean, the file that you draged to the XmlConverter will appear, its a file with the same name BUT it can be opened with the notepad

Just now, fade2black17 said:

ahhhhhh ok got it. Now can I put it back to SMV or do I need another step? I dont remember from the video lol. I have a wife and a child so i get interrupted ALOT lol

When you modified the notepad file, delete the old .mesh file (or move it to another place like a folder) . Drag the notepad file to the OgreXMLConverter and a .mesh file with the name that the notepad file had will appear, drag that new .mesh file to SMV and it should work