Nice place you have here !

Fat Brian

Hey guys, I'm Gasman from the old MTM2 days and on KC's Evo2 page. I've been laying low waiting on a new monster truck game to come out to make trucks for. I did one for Evo2 but that game is dead for all practical purposes. I really hate to put months of work into something for it to lay around with 20 DLs a year later. Here is what I did for Evo2:

side.jpg

hoodoff.jpg

And here are some of my old MTM2 trucks.

bcakii.jpg

bcal.jpg

bcmod2.jpg

King Kong is my best work by far. I made everything on it except for a few faces on the cab, its almost 30,000 verts and I made it all in Binedit. I really want to learn how to make leafspring trucks, what tutorials are the best to get me started ?

If you look at the right side of the rorum page near the top, we have a few tutorials. Mostly for Blender. We may not have at the ones to help get you started, but we are adding more slowly. If you have any questions, you can always PM or find one of us on aim. We would be more than happy to help you out. If you want to learn how to make Leaf sprung trucks, Crazyman444 is the guy to talk to because he is really the only one working on them at the moment.

I saw the tutorial section after I asked, serves me right for not looking harder. I have Blender and have played around with it some but not enough. I still really like Binedit but I guess I should get with the 21st century.

Let me see if I under stand this correctly, the vehicles in ror are made of nodes and beams that have specific user set physical properties and the meshes are just sort of along for the ride. The beams can be made invisible but they still dictate how the vehicle behaves and its weight and how it deforms if using flex bodies. How do you create the beams ? Is it like bone assignments in games the The Sims where groups of vertices are tied to bones that dictate how they move ?

You use a program called the Editorizer, you can get it here http://www.rigsofrods.com/wiki/pages/Editorizer

but basically you place nodes, and then assign the beams to the node and making sure you "x" in a squares. Can be tricky at first.

It is pretty much like line segments in geometry 2 dots with a line in between. Then for meshes you use a 3 point placement, 3 nodes, first one being the one the mesh connects to the other a x and y.

If you want to give it a shot or have questions my AIM is crazymanmur444