Scrapyard540 Merlin Engine

fernBurn

540 Merlin Engine

Time to REVV up your engines!

Andrew Sheets and i proudly present to you this 540 Merlin based off the exact same ones ran in FELD trucks and few Indy's.

Included are 2 blend models for the engine. Only difference between the 2 are the Valve covers. 1 round and 1 edged. Feel free to modify the engine as you wish, but please give credit to Andrew and i where it is due.

Hope you guys enjoy this, and i can't wait to see every one of your projects rise to the next level!

Credit:

Andrew Sheets - Block, Edge Valve Covers, Pulleys, Belts, Air Filter, Air Intake, Distributor and wires, Oil Pan, Fuel Lines, and various texturing.

Fernando Martinez - Supercharger, Supercharger bolts, Spec Map modifying, Sizing, In-game testing, and Round Valve Covers.

2 hours ago, Garrett Hanson said:

love the engine but wasn't there supposed to be a exported verison for those of us who don't want to wait 10-15 minutes when were exporting the motor?
only complaint.

I did say that, but i decided to not go through with that. My reasoning is because the engine also comes with brackets that attach to the chassis. If i included an exported version with those brackets colored, they would not match up to whatever truck you want to put it on.

For instance, say you you're building a GraveDigger, but the brackets on the engine are black instead of green. They won't match up, resulting in the truck not looking entirely done or as if it were rushed. With not having an exported one, now you guys can export everything to your liking.

Also, idk if i'd categorize your comment as a complaint since you just asked a question, but thanks for the feedback!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, fernBurn said:

I did say that, but i decided to not go through with that. My reasoning is because the engine also comes with brackets that attach to the chassis. If i included an exported version with those brackets colored, they would not match up to whatever truck you want to put it on.

For instance, say you you're building a GraveDigger, but the brackets on the engine are black instead of green. They won't match up, resulting in the truck not looking entirely done or as if it were rushed. With not having an exported one, now you guys can export everything to your liking.

Also, idk if i'd categorize your comment as a complaint since you just asked a question, but thanks for the feedback!

thanks for clearing this up. sorry if I reasoned it as a complaint.
also I noticed that the motor doesn't have header mounts.

1 hour ago, Garrett Hanson said:

thanks for clearing this up. sorry if I reasoned it as a complaint.
also I noticed that the motor doesn't have header mounts.

bc in real life, the header mounts are not connected to the engine. Everything that involves the header, is on the header itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...