UK stuff?

Matt_J

Just wondering if anyone was building or skinning any UK trucks or tracks? I know Ash created a very nice 'custom' Swamp Thing skin (of which the download link appears to be broken, by the way), but is anyone making, or for that matter interested in making, replica versions of trucks such as Red Dragon, Swamp Thing, Podzilla, Bigfoot 17 or Slingshot?

How about any of the courses? A couple of the Cardiff MJ layouts were pretty interesting, and the Derby track from this year was pretty cool.

In any case, be interesting if anyone was, and would be pretty awesome, especially for me. I guess if no one is, I may end posting in the request forum! Thought it would be more polite to check first, and didn't seem like the best idea in any case to only be on the forum for a day and immediately start making requests!

Just wondering if anyone was building or skinning any UK trucks or tracks? I know Ash created a very nice 'custom' Swamp Thing skin (of which the download link appears to be broken, by the way), but is anyone making, or for that matter interested in making, replica versions of trucks such as Red Dragon, Swamp Thing, Podzilla, Bigfoot 17 or Slingshot?

How about any of the courses? A couple of the Cardiff MJ layouts were pretty interesting, and the Derby track from this year was pretty cool.

In any case, be interesting if anyone was, and would be pretty awesome, especially for me. I guess if no one is, I may end posting in the request forum! Thought it would be more polite to check first, and didn't seem like the best idea in any case to only be on the forum for a day and immediately start making requests!

Most of the trucks that pre-date the V3 pack have been disabled due to the better models and different physics we're now using.

There's several of us who wouldn't mind adding some UK trucks but being as most of us are US/Canada based we're not all that sure what trucks exist over there. I only know of the ones you mentioned and a few others.

Tracks might be awhile with Season 2 going on strong now and that's obviously our main priority right now along with tracks for the league to run so it might be a little while before someone good with tracks like Casey to be able to build.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I didn't even consider the idea of updated physics, it all makes sense now.

As for tracks, obviously, I appreciate all the track makers are undoubtedly very busy - unsurprising, as all the recent tracks have been fantastic. :)

Back to trucks, and if anyone would be interested in skinning a UK truck, I can provide more reference material than you can shake a stick at. To be fair, there aren't a huge number of trucks, the UK is a teensy tiny place and MTs aren't exactly huge over here. As such, the ones you know of are certainly the 'main' trucks, who used to run in EMTRC for the 5 years it existed, and occasionally get opportunities with Monster Jam, so would probably be the ideal candidates for having a replica made.

Bigfoot 17

Thor

Swamp Thing

Red Dragon

Sling Shot

I know there was a Thor made, where it ended up I have no idear.

Add Podzilla and those are the only ones I'm aware of and can name. Pretty sure LF had Thor almost done but never finished it, might bug him about it later.

You've all pretty much got them all!

Would add that BF17 has had 4 (1, 2, 3, 4) different paintjobs (if you include the 30th ed body), Podzilla was originally Thunderfoot, LA Supertrux had a second truck called Monstrous which has been retired I believe, and used as a spare chassis for BF17. Also, Ian Batey has brought back Lil' Devil recently, which he runs in a stunt show along with Extreme. I'm not entirely sure what happened to Blown Thunder, I have a feeling it might now be a truck called Grim Reaper.

There's also Big Pete, but that's not really a race truck, being incredibly heavy and with leaf springs.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Thor isn't UK-based, I think it's based in Sweden - certainly a fantastic looking truck though.

You've all pretty much got them all!

Would add that BF17 has had 4 (1, 2, 3, 4) different paintjobs (if you include the 30th ed body), Podzilla was originally Thunderfoot, LA Supertrux had a second truck called Monstrous which has been retired I believe, and used as a spare chassis for BF17. Also, Ian Batey has brought back Lil' Devil recently, which he runs in a stunt show along with Extreme. I'm not entirely sure what happened to Blown Thunder, I have a feeling it might now be a truck called Grim Reaper.

There's also Big Pete, but that's not really a race truck, being incredibly heavy and with leaf springs.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Thor isn't UK-based, I think it's based in Sweden - certainly a fantastic looking truck though.

Yes Thor is based in Sweden based but it's one of the more well known European trucks, like you said though there aren't very many over there......yet. B) I think I'll look into making 1 or 2 of the trucks mentioned before though. ;) Track may be a possibility as well since I have not made one for quite some time now. :o

• Upvote 1

Hey all, been away for a few days with Real Life things.

@RKM - if you need any reference photos, I'd be happy to help, I have a lot of photos of the majority of the UK trucks aside the most recent BF17 body and Podzilla.

@Deathwish - Are there any particular trucks which you'd be interested in having a closer a look?

@rhcpfan652 - Hey, thanks for the offer :D I haven't got around to setting up an AIM account yet, but when I do I'll make sure to hit you up.