Failed Experiments

JackMProductions

If you remember this, then you remember some of the very first KOTH events where we had the obstacle course challenges. The photo is an example of course, of how i used to describe how to run these courses. About 60% of everybody that ran them, ran them right, the other 40% was so confused or laggy that they either flipped, went the wrong direction, or were just extremely slow, lol.

Man i liked Obsticle course, ruddy highlight of KOTH.

Wasn't wildwood the night that most people just screwed up so badly that you canned it? or was that Wes's Stadium

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Making trucks on those damn DDS files were much much harder then making a truck on the new wire frames we have. Then again these bodies were flexbodies.

a mesh is a mesh.

the only reason it was "hard" was that nobody knew what the hell we were doing, and couldn't import anything into blender, so we couldn't get a UV map exported for reference and worked entirely off of box5's maps. which were obscure at best and "Oh god what the hell" at worst

Exactly. There were so little resources, most people didn't know what they were doing. It mostly harder because there are multiple DDS files for each part of the truck, which for me was a challenge. That's why I never painted another truck ever again.