Shooting

obsessionracing

yea there aint a very big list of guns you can own in commiefornia. even here in las vegas it takes a note from god to own a full auto here. the liberal politics here have made it so hard to get a license for full autos here(something like 7 years worth of paperwork and waiting, basically things you have to go through to become a dealer)that its not worth the time to get it.

and that is legitimately terrifying

why? because i have gone through the required training? Because the ATF has done extensive background checks on me? lol the US government doesn't think I'm a treat, so neither should you.

Matt who in your family has a class 3 that was able to grandfather you into that? Also not owning a actual store or being a retailer, sucks your limited to 1986 guns and beyond. $500 for a tax stamp to allow you to own old automatic weapons is kinda excessive.

My father. And that's not even how I got it. I got the police chief to sign off for me. All you need is $200, extensive background checks and a place of business/trust( how my friend Joey went about doing it. Now he can build guns). If you don't have a business a CLEO can sign off for you, basically giving you permission. And I'm not limited to 1986 weapons. In Texas, if you can get a chl, odds are high that you can get a class 3 weapons permit.

• 10 months later...

5.56 NATO. Which is pretty much the same round. Still need to buy sights or some sort of optic. Then a free float quad rail fore-grip. Then I'm upgrading the internals. Eventually I'm going to swap out the upper for either a piston operated upper or a AAC 300 Blackout upper.

For those that don't know, a 300 blackout upper allows you to fire 300mag rounds from an AR-15 platform. With a swap of barrels, you can fire 5.56/.223 rounds from the same upper.