Pit Bull banning.....

raptor660f700

Just out of pure curiosity I was just wondering if anybody on here lives in a state where they ban certain breeds of dogs. I live in Michigan and for the most part it's next to impossible to own a pitbull which I personally think is completely wrong..... in my personal opinion the owner and they way they raise there dog is the only reason that particular dog will attack...... Just curious as to what the other states in the U.S. are like as far as dog bans are concerned.

They are good dogs. Very bad rep. though kinda sad really I mean sometimes (at least around here where I live) they blame the dog. Just last year they put in a "leash law" where dogs such as (excuse me for my poor spelling) rottwielers, pittbulls, american bulldogs, german shepards, and bull mastifs are required to be on a leash even if they are in there own fenced in yard. Further more they want you to register that particular breed.... not just a dog licence but something almost like a dog sex offender list ( for lack of better term) it really bothers me because for these breeds if they ever get loose they normally just destroy the dog with no chance of the owner recovering it from the pound before hand. Anyways i was watching the news and it really just made me curious which is why i wondered if it was the same all around the U.S.

or neigbours have german sherpets or how you prenouns them but thos peopel are screaming to them it is rlly sad.

but they are agressiv as hell only becuas of that screaming.

and we have a dog to but some how she dusent like stiks or vacum cleaners cuz the past owner hit here whit a stick or somting now she only attacks sticks and vacum cleaners sombody haves a dog that does that to ?

I know alot of you will disagree with me but i think that pitbulls should be banned because on two separate occasions my jack russell has been attacked by two different pitbulls. One of the attacks led to a very expensive vets bill because a dog took a chunk out of my dogs nose.

I know alot of you will disagree with me but i think that pitbulls should be banned because on two separate occasions my jack russell has been attacked by two different pitbulls. One of the attacks led to a very expensive vets bill because a dog took a chunk out of my dogs nose.

In cases like this I would almost promise you the owners bred those dogs to fight and/or kill....... think of it this way. being that your dog is a jack russell, ( a fairly small breed) any larger breed dog giving the right conditions could have done this. Very sorry to hear about your dog though I know my two dogs are like family to me and I also know how expensive vet bills can be.

or neigbours have german sherpets or how you prenouns them but thos peopel are screaming to them it is rlly sad.

but they are agressiv as hell only becuas of that screaming.

and we have a dog to but some how she dusent like stiks or vacum cleaners cuz the past owner hit here whit a stick or somting now she only attacks sticks and vacum cleaners sombody haves a dog that does that to ?

Funny you should say this I have a boxer/pittbull mix and a american bulldog/boxer mix . My boxer/pitbull mix is deathly afraid of guns. If I even clean my guns he runs under the table, on the other hand my bulldog mix could care less...... I got both of them as pups and neither have ever been abused or neglected but for some reason the pittbull mix is deathly afraid of guns even when there just getting cleaned lol

Its all about the owner, not the dog. If you believe in dog bans because you feel a certain breed is more violent than an other , you are stupid. Any dog can be a good dog if it is treated properly. Any dog can be bad dog if the owner doesn't know what they are doing.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Tom. It's the owners responsibility for their dog. Same thing goes for kids and their parents, it's all about how you raise them. I have 2 Jack Russell's, one is rescued and the other was bred and they are the best dogs anyone can ask for. The one that was rescued was treated horribly by her old owner, kept in a cage all day in the back of his truck in cold weather, never changed blankets that had pee all over them, ect. I also volunteer at my local animal shelter to walk dogs and play with them whenever I can, and its really sad how some of them were treated by their past owners.

I agree with Tom. It's the owners responsibility for their dog. Same thing goes for kids and their parents, it's all about how you raise them. I have 2 Jack Russell's, one is rescued and the other was bred and they are the best dogs anyone can ask for. The one that was rescued was treated horribly by her old owner, kept in a cage all day in the back of his truck in cold weather, never changed blankets that had pee all over them, ect. I also volunteer at my local animal shelter to walk dogs and play with them whenever I can, and its really sad how some of them were treated by their past owners.

I dont know how they do things in NJ but in michigan those certain people who decide its alright to abuse there animals go to jail. I really just dont get it...... if you dont want your animal then why abuse it and eventually get rid of it?????? Give it to a loving home or something like that but for christ sake dont abuse it!!!!! really is a sad thing to see and i dont think I could work at an animal shelter and see the sick things people do to them sometimes....... jussayin

P.S I commend you for working at a place like that !

I dont know how they do things in NJ but in michigan those certain people who decide its alright to abuse there animals go to jail. I really just dont get it...... if you dont want your animal then why abuse it and eventually get rid of it?????? Give it to a loving home or something like that but for christ sake dont abuse it!!!!! really is a sad thing to see and i dont think I could work at an animal shelter and see the sick things people do to them sometimes....... jussayin

P.S I commend you for working at a place like that !

I do agree that animal cruelty of any kind is one of the most disgusting and despicable acts a person can commit, but I think they do it because they feel a sense of power over the animal, that they're a higher figure when in reality they're worth less than a diseased roach.

That and banning pit bulls are not going to solve anything, it's just another example of people (certain pit bull owners in this case) not wanting to suffer the consequences for their actions. Any dog can be vicious, and any dog can be your best friend. It all depends on how you treat it.

• Upvote 3

I do agree that animal cruelty of any kind is one of the most disgusting and despicable acts a person can commit, but I think they do it because they feel a sense of power over the animal, that they're a higher figure when in reality they're worth less than a diseased roach.

That and banning pit bulls are not going to solve anything, it's just another example of people (certain pit bull owners in this case) not wanting to suffer the consequences for their actions. Any dog can be vicious, and any dog can be your best friend. It all depends on how you treat it.

Could not have said it any better!!!!!

If it's one thing that bothers me the most, it's animal cruelty. It bothers me seeing those commercials with those dogs in cages who have been abused and such.

On a side note, I own a Miniature Poodle and have had him for 2 years now, and as long as you train the dog right, there should be no problem. It's just Pit Bulls are given a horrible reputation.

I live in Michigan and my Mom just got a Pit/Beagle mix puppy. It was licensed and everything with no problems. She also has a Pit Lab that is licensed. I think the ban depends on which city you're in. The Pit/Beagle puppy was a rescue (All my family's dogs have been except the first which was given to us). Beating up on animals of any kind is the lowest thing you can do. Animals if treated right are the best protectors, even better than other humans. I train my dogs with sounds and whispering commands to them rather than just yelling at them all the time so when I raise my voice they know their doing something I don't like. I've never had to hit them to get them to do what I want. I used to walk my dog around a college campus without a leash and had no worries of him running away or going anywhere I didn't want him to go because I took the time to train him. Most people get dogs and either keep them in the yard 24/7 or they don't take the time to train them properly. Responsibility should fall on the owners alone because anything that happens is a direct result of their actions. Their pets should be taken and put into a better home rather than being destroyed. I disagree with the destruction of innocent animals of any kind but targeting certain breeds and eradicating them makes us no better than Nazi Germany. There are simple solutions to this problem but it would take too much time and money for our modern society apparently. We are lazy and cheap and killing animals is easier and cheaper than monitoring living conditions, making it mandatory that the owner go through a training class for each dog or controlling the breeding of animals. If this kind of thing doesn't stop now I fear how far it will go. People are moving farther and farther into the wild and are killing animals just because they pose a threat to them. Well all animals can pose a threat to humans so does that mean we should start killing them all? It would be a boring, ugly planet if we were the only inhabitants of it. This is another thing that I see as only the beginning and it needs to stop before we do irreversible damage to what's left of the different species of animals that occupy this planet with us. Pets personalities are a reflection of how much respect their owner has for them. All my family's dogs are friendly once they get to know you (their formally abused animals and all but the puppy are skittish and take some warming up before they are comfortable around new people). I hate bandwagons and things that get a bad rep for no reason. Every Pit Bull I have ever been around from a young toddler to now have been the most loving dogs I have ever had the pleasure of playing with and judging the whole species off of a isolated incidents or what the dumb***es on TV say is the definition of ignorance. Look how many monster truck facts get screwed up in papers and on TV alone and you'll realize how dumb these reporters are. Everyone should support the life of all creatures on this planet and respect them and their space and we can all live together happily.