Electric Powered Bigfoot!?

Bigfoot #20, Another custom body to.

Seems cool, glad Electric has made its way into sport.

and it says Odyssey supplied them with 36 batteries, is that for #20 alone to be powered by 36 batteries or 36 batteries for the team to use?

-300th Post :D

It does say 36 batteries to power #20. I mean it seems most trucks have 4 just for rear steering, and starting. So to run on just on electric its going to take a lot.

Edited by crazyman444
Jeez i hate my famous "one" for "on" typo

Well, I think it's an interesting idea, not sure how well it will work, but as for competing in events, the article says

"For now, the ODYSSEY® Battery BIGFOOT® No. 20 Monster Truck will be used in static displays and parades, but as we become more experienced with the electric power unit, battery maintenance, controller adjustments, drive lines and weather, our fans may just see it perform car crushes or even compete in monster truck shows"

As for the use of batteries, the truck will have three sets of ten batteries powering the electric engine, and the remaining six powering the rear steering and the brakes.

The truck will be lucky to last past wheelie and round 1 of racing... Not to mention a normal truck is normally charging between rounds anyways and thats with an alternator. Granted its not as bad as it was 10 years ago, and it gets better year by year, but charging systems get better.