My PC died.

mdemko

Ah, congrats on that one. You got it in their refurb or clearance sale nice job

Too bad I didn't. I'd never buy refurbished. The refurbished X51s have low end graphics cards in them and every single refurbished computer looks like the last owner was Edward Scissorhands.

The guy has used it five times, and then he decided he wanted a MacBook Pro instead. If anything is overpriced its Apple products. Yes, Alienware is slightly overpriced, but when I don't have space in my room for a huge computer, the few extra bucks are worth it.

I really don't care what brand you're for. It's in the top performance PCs list, so I figured it was a good suggestion to make for the fairly lower price for a gaming computer. Just put a GTX 560Ti in it, and it runs any game you throw at it on ultra settings.

Too bad I didn't. I'd never buy refurbished. The refurbished X51s have low end graphics cards in them and every single refurbished computer looks like the last owner was Edward Scissorhands.

The guy has used it five times, and then he decided he wanted a MacBook Pro instead. If anything is overpriced its Apple products. Yes, Alienware is slightly overpriced, but when I don't have space in my room for a huge computer, the few extra bucks are worth it.

I really don't care what brand you're for. It's in the top performance PCs list, so I figured it was a good suggestion to make for the fairly lower price for a gaming computer. Just put a GTX 560Ti in it, and it runs any game you throw at it on ultra settings.

I must be new to computers LOL

Slightly overpriced rotf ok buddy I don't know nothing about computers $1,200 dollar worth of parts marked up to $4 grand is only slightly over priced with a fancy case, I've been inside computers longer than you've been alive. you got it 2nd hand thus why it was so cheap. I don't get brands I build my own 560Ti doesn't run any game on ultra settings teh lawls son, come on. Yes Apple products are over priced and if you want to argue that Alienware isn't your a fool just sayin'.

Slightly overpriced rotf ok buddy I don't know nothing about computers $1,200 dollar worth of parts marked up to $4 grand is only slightly over priced with a fancy case

It's $800 of parts marked up to $999. That's $200, it's really not that bad, everything else Alienware makes I think is overpriced.

I've been inside computers longer than you've been alive.

Not sure how old you are, but I'm guessing from that statement you've been looking through computers since you were 4?

I don't get brands I build my own 560Ti doesn't run any game on ultra settings teh lawls son, come on.

Battlefield 3 (50fps on 1080p ultra)

Crysis 2 (60+fps on 1080p ultra)

Grand Theft Auto 4 (61fps on 1080p ultra)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul60udG5MzI

Not sure if I'm missing something, but just what can't it run on ultra, though?

Yes Apple products are over priced and if you want to argue that Alienware isn't your a fool just sayin'.

I'm confused about why you're saying this, I've already said that they're overpriced.

All I tried to do was make a recommendation, it's not like I'm saying this is the best computer on the planet.. it's far from it.

You bought your computer from someone that bought his from Alienware who sold it to you from whatever you bought it for I wasn't exactly talking about you..get over it I was speakng generally. You also fail to mention, that the videos you post over clocks their cpu's in their videos and also his GPU which greatly would improve the performance of the video card in the GTA video, just sayin' its not just the GPU. Battlefield 3 wasn't honestly even that graphics intensive especially for a game thats been out for over a year. Going back to it, the 560 wouldn't be able to run GTA on max if they didn't OC, next time you look at videos look at the specs they list when you post their videos and make sure its a stock cpu, stock video card etc.

Also in your battlefield video, their playing a multiplayer map, which is also a map that his half the size of a single player map, not as high poly's etc which doesn't put as high load on the gpu, cpu etc the 560 isn't a bad card but it isn't as good as your making it out to be.

I'm not saying it's a really good card, the reason I'm upgrading to it is because of the limited size of the X51, the power supply is 330w, and the stock GTX 555 takes up the maximum graphics card limit of 150w. The GTX 560Ti takes up 170w, so it's within the safe zone of only 20w over. Therefore, that graphics card is the best I can do. And yes, I failed to realize they were overclocking, and yes, GTA4 is dependant on the CPU, not GPU. However, it still is a decent card. It's not ground breaking, but it'll run what I want it to.