Random Questions

rmnldr

I've been asking a lot of questions lately and I don't want to spam any threads so I thought I'd make on to have for questions.

So here we go:

What is the ringing/ching sound made by when a monster truck lands after a jump?

Why do the axles glow red hot and spit sparks?

Are most monster trucks standard transmission?

Why are monster trucks only 2 speed?

Why are breather tubes on monster trucks now vented towards the bottom center instead of the back?

How is the engine/transmission/transfer case mounted to the chassis?

Why do the axles glow red hot and spit sparks?

Those are the brakes, on most trucks that are powered by one brake per axle, and when they slow down, that disc gets hot...

Why are monster trucks only 2 speed?

Imagine driving a 5 speed monster truck... exactly. pl;us I'm sure it helps deliver better power/acceleration... I may be wrong.

Are most monster trucks standard transmission? Answer: it really depends on the drivers prefference, but most of the more recent drivers (from the past decade or so) use automatic so they can keep a hand on the rear steering switch (paddle) and steering wheel at all times.

Why are breather tubes mounted toward bottom center instead of towards the back? (NOTE: I'm answering this assuming you mean exhaust pipes) Answer: I would imagine it helps keep exhaust and leaked excess ethenol away from the engine which helps prevent fires.

Those are my answers.

The Squeaking you hear from the truck landing, Generally I believe can be the shocks, and or the sways bars. Other than that it could be the metal stressing but not breaking.

Also not all trucks are 2 speed 

Samson has a 4 speed.

But you really don't need anymore gearing in the transmission. They do switch out the gears in the transfer case to get more on the top end or bottom end.

And as for a manual, XDP is the only one I know of. Also most automatic trans in a monster have a manual valve body, meaning you still have to shift from 1st to 2nd, and when needed reverse.

How is the engine/transmission/transfer case mounted to the chassis?

The engine is solid mounted to the chassis via engine plates at the front and back of the block. A regular car uses polyurethane bushings tho absorb vibrations from the engine. The trans and t-case are mounted with cross members.

raminator and rammunition also run standards. they have lenco 3 speeds. except they only have to use a clutch  to take off. they can shift gears without a clutch. XDP also uses this transmission

Heard that the ram team went back to 2 speeds. Not sure if true though.