Drivers: Weird question to think about

Roli Christinson

I got to thinking, do you think every driver has their own driving preference (Like front engine Vs back engine, lockers vs no lockers, different chassis ETC) born with them when they start driving (like, they have an idea of what they want when they start), or do you think they become acquainted with that style after they get recommendations and/or test it out? Because, for me playing ROR it seems like i knew what trucks would fit my driving style immediately. Is this true for you guys too, and do you think it happens to real drivers or not?

Man i think about some of the weirdest crap in my free-time.....

I definitely didn't know what sort of truck would fit me until I tested a lot of different trucks in RoR. I'm fairly certain that most drivers in real life experience the same thing. I think you just made a good guess to which style would fit you best.

Well a perfect example for "born with it" is Tom Meents. His first truck was Monster Patrol and he was so successful with that set up that he's never changed it.

An example of "adaptive" is Adam Anderson. Started with a normal Patrick chassis and won some events, but few. Then got the Cohen built chassis with King Shocks (I think filling in for Dennis in 2007 influenced this a good bit) and he's been winning left and right since then, even winning the freestyle title with his 1st year in that chassis.

• Upvote 1

I definitely didn't know what sort of truck would fit me until I tested a lot of different trucks in RoR. I'm fairly certain that most drivers in real life experience the same thing. I think you just made a good guess to which style woa m

a meents or willmin chassis also digger 7 or a truck with basic coil overs