ROR crashing and locking down my computer

CMDeerfoot

Question

My issue is as stated in the title, and it only just started doing this. It has frozen before, but i've been able to close the window one way or the other. But now it's causing the computer to lock up when it freezes, sometimes it freezes in game, and other times it freezes when i'm trying to spawn; and the only way to get out of the game is to hold down the power button or unplug the pc itself. I have no idea what's going on or how to fix, but at this right I may just be taking a forced absence from ROR for a while if I can't get it fixed.

7 answers to this question

Well I know I have a hard drive with 1 TB of space and that it has a better than stock graphics card, we bought this HP from best buy and I believe it was a factory hopped up version. I'll have to go in and look at exactly what i've got, but what you said did make some since; i usually have a bunch of other things while playing ROR. But that really shouldn't be an issue since I have a 6 core processor, which is why i'm afraid it might be a virus; it doesn't help that our McAfee is acting up and won't scan the pc at the moment.

I also noticed something else, I can get on private servers without much issue, but now when i try to go on any public server it locks down; and some of the trucks I have that used to work don't now. So I'm gonna look into these other anit-virus deals and hopefully they will help solve these issues.

Well, it seem my issues have been fixed. Went and got AVG Anti Virus and PC Tune Up and it looks like they cleaned everything up. It said I had a driver infected with a rootkit, not to mention that I had a bunch of registry errors  and over 1,000 MB of temporary and unused files among other things. Hopefully everything is back to normal now.