ROR on Windows 7 or 8?

Mark Iron

Question

Hey all,

Need to ask for anyone that has Windows 7 or 8, how does ROR play on it?  I ask as I might be be updating to it in future and would like to gain some understanding of how the game handles on those operating systems so as to know what to expect.

Thanks for your time,

Mark

10 answers to this question

Getting a company does absolute nothing, it's the components inside. I have a Lenovo with Windows 7 and it works completely fine with a quad core i5, and 8 gigs of RAM. The only real issue is that it has an integrated graphics card which i need to override. I would highly recommend Windows 7 over Windows 8.

yeah i wouldnt recomend toshibas windows 8 labtop its what i have and it sucks

I also have a Toshiba laptop and while it is not ideal for any type of gaming it's pretty decent at what I want it to other then large image format editing with Photoshop.

Getting a company does absolute nothing, it's the components inside. I have a Lenovo with Windows 7 and it works completely fine with a quad core i5, and 8 gigs of RAM. The only real issue is that it has an integrated graphics card which i need to override. I would highly recommend Windows 7 over Windows 8.

If you are serious about PC gaming at all build or have someone build you a desktop, if you have to have a laptop buy one built for gaming if that is what your intended use will be...just remember that you will likely have to leave the charger plugged in to game to get the best performance.

Do not get a Dell Window 7 it only gives you 20-40 FPS Ingame and in 1 player it gives 30-50 FPS. I'm trying to get a new computer now.

um... my old dell XPS tower would get me upwards of 150fps ingame.

Do not get a Dell Window 7 it only gives you 20-40 FPS Ingame and in 1 player it gives 30-50 FPS. I'm trying to get a new computer now.

I'm sorry but I own a Dell i620 Desktop. Windows 7 64 Bit. 1TB Hardrive with 8GB Memory. On my most detailed track (Clarkson International Autodrome) I'm getting over 220/230 FPS. When Damian Bowers and I tested the track online, in a full eight truck server, there was no lag or framerate issues.

Even my first track, San Marco Arena 2nd Stop (plagued by some badly modeled jumps, too many verts that I could have joined together, and other issues), I get the same amount of FPS as Clarkson.

While it isn't complete, Klayton's detailed WF14 Beta track gives me over 240 FPS. Squishy's Stadium (complete with many crushable obstacles and numerous animations) gave me 200 FPS.

Unless you just have a lemon on your hands, it would seem Dell isn't so bad after all. Mine gets the job done, and I've never once experienced an issue.

• Upvote 1