Midwest Severe Weather

Connor Richardson

I really don't like living in Kansas... more severe weather including possible tornadoes, large hail and damaging winds. And the worst thing is... my parents are going to be at my brother's graduation ceremony, leaving me and my brothers at home... alone. So yeah post your thoughts about this.

Well just remember your procedures for tornado warnings. Also, if you see any funnel clouds or formations that look like funnel clouds, report it to your local authorities immediately. Sometimes radar cannot pick up atmospheric rotation and sometimes it is too sensitive. 

I love living on the East Coast.

We can still get Tornadoes, location has nothing to do with it but more of the perfect conditions for them to form.

Best advice I can give to anyone when it comes to severe storms pay attention to the wind speeds and if it feels like a cool wind if it was hot earlier as the storm gets closer the wind will pick up and feel a lot colder then at first...other then the obvious look at the sky for dark clouds/rain curtains. Where I live I've never seen a wall cloud since there is always a lot of rain at the front of the storm but I have seen pictures of them from nearby towns of storms that have passed over me. Anything else you could probably just Google and read (some of those reads can be quite lengthy but offer a lot of information)

Remember, just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't.

All you East coast and Midwest people don't have anything on the West Coast. 100% chance of Tornadoes and Hurricanes each year through those areas and yet people say the west is terrible b/c of earthquakes. We haven't had a major 'quake since '89, I think. We do get tornadoes (rarely) but they only cause very minor damage.

West Coast ftw.