Revamped Scoring System

MonsterJam2008

Yesterday speed aired Monster Jam World Finals 14, and as everybody on here knows Tom won the freestyle competition. Tom's run was not the best, his run was simple the best with the rules they have in place at the moment. There are 2 major changes that I would like to see made to the Freestyle competition. 

1. New Scoring System: No more 3 judges 1-10 and adding up the scores. The competition is to close to use such basic means of scoring, also prevents drivers from ever getting more than a 27 in regulation. Score the runs 0-50 and average the scores between 3-6 judges, similar to how Olympic events are scored. 

2. Have the clock count up: The reason the clock counts down is to pressure the drivers to go big right off the bat which is a good thing. But if the clock counted up with a maximum of 3-4 mins, drivers wouldn't suffer from doing their biggest hits after clock expires. Going back to WF 14, Tom had the best run in the 2 min time limit, but Linsey had the best run if my proposed clock system was used. 

So because tom won we should completely change how timing has always been done...... Scoring has worked just as well with the exception of WF5. My opinion is dont fix something that isn't broken

I never said it was because tom won. My thinking is that the current system could be improved. So that we don't end up with another WF5 scenario. 

So because tom won we should completely change how timing has always been done...... Scoring has worked just as well with the exception of WF5. My opinion is dont fix something that isn't broken

It's Feld.... All the things are broken...

• Upvote 4