Show Your Projects Chapter 25

Klayton

Demolition Tracks Creations brings to you a new evolution to one of the better known and more popularly ran track configurations, the Crossover Course.

However, this is no ordinary crossover course. With the layout being brought to you from the mind of Jr Seasock, and the course built by David Stewart, Demolition Track Creations reveals to you this new variation that would only be fitting to debut at the mecca of all things motorsports since 1955: Demolition Track Creations and the Mankato Motorsports Racing Authority presents the Criss-Crossover-Rama racing course!

Well done as usual!

Would love to see something to this affect tried out at a place like Charlotte or Chico.

Demolition Tracks Creations brings to you a new evolution to one of the better known and more popularly ran track configurations, the Crossover Course.

However, this is no ordinary crossover course. With the layout being brought to you from the mind of Jr Seasock, and the course built by David Stewart, Demolition Track Creations reveals to you this new variation that would only be fitting to debut at the mecca of all things motorsports since 1955: Demolition Track Creations and the Mankato Motorsports Racing Authority presents the Criss-Crossover-Rama racing course!

Welcome to Mankato Speedway’s Criss-Crossover-Rama!

Not quite sure, but that looks like a sky box and the "lights" look modeled in using alpha transparency. Again, I'm not sure and I can't play RoR to check it either, so I really have little room to speak. Maybe a time lapse video?

It is a beautiful track none the less. Masterful job on it my friend.

• Upvote 1

You're correct Patrick. Sky spheres for the day and night versions. Lights using alpha transparency. There is no need for a time laps as one is a "Day" version and the other a "Night" version.

The code I'm using is from Klayton's amazing Orlando 2013 rep, along with his light flare texture (huge thank you again Klayton for letting me use that texture!)

• Upvote 1

And I thought PC was the only one who would understand that... Huh...

Now if we could only figure out realistic particle effects like realistic tire smoke and grass/dirt flying off the tires, maybe even leave physical ruts in the terrain on each pass! ( yes, I'm joking.)

• Upvote 1

Not to ruin the fun. But I'd like to bud in real quick. Due to my excitement of my tires finally being finished, it seems I havent given credit where credit is due. The original tire model i started from for my tires came from a monster truck in the .37 content pack on the Rigs of Rods repository. And again, I forgot to give credit for the treads/ Tire model. The treads are the same shape due to the fact that all I had done to them is remade them and widened the tire a wee bit. Keep in mind i REMADE the treads. They're the same shape but i have made them taller, longer, and fatter. That is all. Back to buisness.

And I thought PC was the only one who would understand that... Huh...

Now if we could only figure out realistic particle effects like realistic tire smoke and grass/dirt flying off the tires, maybe even leave physical ruts in the terrain on each pass! ( yes, I'm joking.)

BeamNG

and yeah, you can make custom particles in ROR, it's just an utter bastard to get working