Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

I swear Monster Merc should've been scrapped, such a shoddy piece.

Well, not really. It's a good truck for a beginner, but the way everything is designed on it, it's not meant to be a truck to go out there and backflip or get 40 feet high in the air with. It's one of those pieces that are great pieces for arenas, fairgorunds, and speedway, not really a stadium scene. It's just that it was never properly maintained, so it looks like crap and runs like crap now. 

Well, not really. It's a good truck for a beginner, but the way everything is designed on it, it's not meant to be a truck to go out there and backflip or get 40 feet high in the air with. It's one of those pieces that are great pieces for arenas, fairgorunds, and speedway, not really a stadium scene. It's just that it was never properly maintained, so it looks like crap and runs like crap now. 

I know there's a new (and by new I mean different) chassis underneath it (at least I think so seeing how low it is) but honestly, from the footage I've seen this year it just drives like a brick. It's like Pony Express and Cyborg had a lovechild.

I know there's a new (and by new I mean different) chassis underneath it (at least I think so seeing how low it is) but honestly, from the footage I've seen this year it just drives like a brick. It's like Pony Express and Cyborg had a lovechild.

It's ironic you say that, because the former owner (Steve Polis) said it handled like a dream. Just all Bill Payne's set-up now. Any shock can be good, it's how you set it up and maintain it.

It's ironic you say that, because the former owner (Steve Polis) said it handled like a dream. Just all Bill Payne's set-up now. Any shock can be good, it's how you set it up and maintain it.

True, and I'm sorry if I came off like it was built wrong, because from what I saw when it first came out, it looked like quite a nice piece. It really is all how it's maintained and unfortunately, it hasn't been maintained well.

True, and I'm sorry if I came off like it was built wrong, because from what I saw when it first came out, it looked like quite a nice piece. It really is all how it's maintained and unfortunately, it hasn't been maintained well.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one.