Do I really have to keep the Sim-Monsters V4 Pack in a .zip file?

Vaxen

Question

So I just downloaded ROR 0.38, I re-downloaded the pack, but I remember that when I kept the pack in the .zip file, it could take 1 hour to install one truck if I had lots of other trucks, and since you can keep the pack unzipped in 0.37, I'm just wondering if there is a way to use the pack while it is unzipped in ROR 0.38, because that's what I tried to do, but I was unsuccesful. Please help. Thanks.

6 answers to this question

you downloaded this pack for 38 correct?

http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/files/file/1399-sim-monsters-v4-038-compatible/

I unzip mine into the My Documents/Rigs of Rod/Packs

Yes it was the one for 0.38, and I don't see a "Rigs Of Rods" folder. I only have "Rigs Of Rods 0.38", but I unzipped the pack, and trucks didn't appear. I guess I have to make a folder called "Rigs Of Rods"?

No. Put the unzipped pack into the vehicles folder in your Rigs of Rods 0.38 or

Documents>RigsofRods0.38>Vehicles

Works for me

That's what i did, but tha did not work. I cleared the cache many times, but still trucks won't show up in the vehicle selection. Maybe I have to keep the .zip in the folder as well?

Yeah i just have my V4 pack in a folder named V4 in my Vehicles folder in the ROR 38 folder

That method worked for me. Thank you so much!! :)

I usualy keep it in a zip folder anyway because I have no reason not to. But if you extracted all the files to either packs or vehicels (both of them work for me) make sure you regen twice and not just once. .38 doesnt always pick it up on the first try.