Transparent/Mirrored Textures

Helen Weales

Question

Is it possible to create textures that are a combination of transparency and a mirrored effect? I am wanting to give trucks of mine the same effect that canopies on a modern fighter jet or Le Mans race car have, like this:

f-22-pilot-1.jpg

If possible, would anyone mind giving me instructions on how to do this?

5 answers to this question

Thanks. I use .38, and I'm not concerned about what it looks like inside the roosterpit, but rather from the outside of the truck.

The link you provided doesn't seem to cover how to achieve both of these effects simultaneously. I'm able to get a mirrored effect alone with a spec file, but not with transparency. Will this require work in Blender, or just altering the material file?

Thanks. I use .38, and I'm not concerned about what it looks like inside the cockpit, but rather from the outside of the truck.

The link you provided doesn't seem to cover how to achieve both of these effects simultaneously. I'm able to get a mirrored effect alone with a spec file, but not with transparency. Will this require work in Blender, or just altering the material file?

If your doing managedmaterials, you need to do mesh_transparent instead of mesh_standard

I cant help but laugh everytime it corrects cockpit

• Upvote 1

I've tried using both managed materials and adding a transparency line to the material file itself. Both give me the same result (although I find it easier to edit the material file). While I can get colored transparency to show, I still cannot get a mirrored texture to become transparent. Any ideas?

Also, the roosterpit edit is hilarious.