Massive FPS loss when recording?

DDT

Question

Ok so i have been trying to record some RoR footage again lately since its been awhile. Everytime i try though i run into an issue. When i go in game depending if im using an older not so detailed track and standard V4 truck i can get up to 180FPS and using a new more detailed track and updated truck i can pull 90-120 FPS but the moment i hit record i drop down to 45FPS-60FPS with the less detailed stuff and as low as 30-40 FPS with the newer stuff which is close to and well over 100FPS loss. I have tried both Action recording software as well as fraps with the same result. Tried turning game settings down and no change. I dont understand why im getting such an FPS lost since the crap box pc i was using for years not to long away only got like 35FPS on lowest settings with standard V4 trucks and older tracks and would still record at about 20FPS. Any ideas?

I apologize if this was already said, but did you set the FPS limit on Bandicam? I had my settings on 30 fps, so I changed it to the limit of 120 fps and my videos, while still kinda choppy, are much smoother than before. Also, does computer space factor into the lag? Would it help to make room by deleting unused programs and files?