Massive FPS loss when recording?

DDT

Question

Ok so i have been trying to record some RoR footage again lately since its been awhile. Everytime i try though i run into an issue. When i go in game depending if im using an older not so detailed track and standard V4 truck i can get up to 180FPS and using a new more detailed track and updated truck i can pull 90-120 FPS but the moment i hit record i drop down to 45FPS-60FPS with the less detailed stuff and as low as 30-40 FPS with the newer stuff which is close to and well over 100FPS loss. I have tried both Action recording software as well as fraps with the same result. Tried turning game settings down and no change. I dont understand why im getting such an FPS lost since the crap box pc i was using for years not to long away only got like 35FPS on lowest settings with standard V4 trucks and older tracks and would still record at about 20FPS. Any ideas?

Fraps no not really. In Action yes but not for stuff like that. Its all settings for video quality (which is set for normal) and what FPS i want the recording to record at ( which doesnt make a difference what i set it for) and sound capture and what not. Only setting i see regarding hardware is an option for dual core recording which doesnt make a difference.

I never thought it would be hardware related since my cheap off the shelf dell desktop and monitor combo pc would record with a small fps lost and that thing had an integrated graphics and a crap processor

Im running

-AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual Core 3.1Ghz processor

-4GB  ram (think DDR2)

-Nvidia GeForce 210 Graphics card 512 MB

(i know nothing great for now but it plays RoR and RFactor well so it works for me for now for a couple more months)

This is happening with me and banicam, I used to get around 40 fps when I recored. Now I get 30-20 fps. I got another issue as well. When I try to watch a AVI recording (I usually have it on MPEG-1) It doesn't allow me to play it anymore. 

It can also depend on the settings you use to record. Software can also have a major impact, what type of codec you use to record, theres all sorts of factors not to mention RoR is just a B*tch to record. My system which consist of a AMD Phenom x6 1055t Overclocked to 3.7ghz and 16gbs of ram with a gtx660 gpu still has issues sometimes. While I can record any other game with little to no frame drops. RoR is just mean on recording, I personally have found a great solution, Nvidia GeForce Experience has a built in recording software built for extremely low fps drop, I'll put it this way, Max settings Overkill Evo and still about 75fps smooth.

hmm Nvidia GeForce Experience? Ill look into that now

Edit: Looked into it and downloaded it. Since my graphics card is a 210 instead of a 400 or higher i cant really use anything in the GeForce Experience including the capture.