Very difficult situation right now

maxdfandan555

On Monday evening, a very close friend of mine's mother was taking his younger brother out for ice cream. His brother has cerebral palsy, which had caused him to be delayed both physically and mentally. Either on their way to or from getting ice cream, a driver in a pickup truck ran a red light and t-boned them. Both his brother and mother were air lifted to a trauma center at a near by hospital. He and his father and got the news of it when a police officer came to their door and informed them of the accident. His brother suffered a broken leg, a severe concussion, and a partially collapsed lung. (This is on top of his issues from cerebral palsy). His mother suffered a brain bleed, and broke an important vessel in her neck, which could cause her to have a stroke. As of now, his brother is fully responsive and recovering from the injuries. His mother on the other hand is in a coma. There is no telling how long she could be in the coma or what she will be like when she recovers from the coma. She is currently breathing and being fed through tubes. This situation is very difficult for me to handle because his mother has done so much for my family and I, and both of our families have shared many moments together. We feel very helpless right now because all we can do is listen to what the doctors have to say. I appreciate that you all have read this and understand this very difficult time.

Sorry to hear man, while this may sound insensitive in the narrow spectrum, there is alot of stuff that happens in life that we have no control over. Here is hoping that life for both of them can return to normal.

• Upvote 2