Who owns this site? Also, How makes changes to it?

1029Eric

Question

5 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, 1029Eric said:

1. Who owns this site? 2. Also, How makes changes to it? 3. I wanted to know because the trucks subcategory under the v4.5 category is unnecessary and should be removed. The tracks subcategory should stay.

1. Brian Langford(Liquidfire) owns the site

2. He also makes changes to it based on the server provider, but Kozak(Outlawed) also has the ability to add forum/download sections due to being admin.

3. No, it shouldn't, because trucks aren't perfectly ported from 0.37 to 0.4xx. The gearing changes, as well as there is a fix that is needed to make the tires not be white.

24 minutes ago, Mark Colineri said:

1. Brian Langford(Liquidfire) owns the site

2. He also makes changes to it based on the server provider, but Kozak(Outlawed) also has the ability to add forum/download sections due to being admin.

3. No, it shouldn't, because trucks aren't perfectly ported from 0.37 to 0.4xx. The gearing changes, as well as there is a fix that is needed to make the tires not be white.

What do you mean by the gearing changing? I have noticed nothing different with driving. Also, I have never had white tires.

2 hours ago, Mark Colineri said:

The power of the trucks changes when you move them to the new version, they pick up about 10 miles per hour in top speed, which is why we are working on new gearing for them in the newest version.

This is not true as I have explained in other posts:

1. Trucks are compatible with .37 and up provided they include all necessary files and have properly written material files. Every error I have seen has been because of incomplete and missing files (including white tires), which is down to trucks not being standalone.

2. The speed does not appear to actually be different. The difference you are seeing is .37 shows only the "car speed", while .4.5 shows "wheel" and "car speed". Observe both. For me, the car speed in .37 matches the wheel speed in .4.5., with the car speed being 3 MPH slower (e.g., 13 MPH in .37, 10 MPH in .4.5.1). It's logical to conclude that.37 is inaccurate because every version post .37  are exactly the same. I've done various tests with the same trucks and tracks in 3 different versions (.37, .39.5, .4.5.1) and they all had the same results. The best example I can give is I compared the same truck using the same large jump, and always landed in the same spot in all three versions. If there was truly a 10 MPH difference the results would have been quite different. If .4.5 feels different, it's likely because of the massive framerate improvement. The only difference I found was .37 either doesn't support, or has different code for anti-lock brakes.

• Upvote 1