Glow and Darkness on Trucks in 0.4.5

TraxxasMaster123

Question

Hi, I've just downloaded the new RoR version 0.4.5, but I seem to be getting some sort of "lighting" glitch. I'm not sure, but this has never happened to me in 0.37 or 0.38. I've looked around on the forum to try and find an answer but I haven't seen anyone post about this yet. It seems to only happen on a few trucks, not all.8vyo7dyfnxyses3zg.jpgbuw4lquwco8yyjtzg.jpg

6 answers to this question

4 hours ago, TheGamingMaster123 said:

Hi, I've just downloaded the new RoR version 0.4.5, but I seem to be getting some sort of "lighting" glitch. I'm not sure, but this has never happened to me in 0.37 or 0.38. I've looked around on the forum to try and find an answer but I haven't seen anyone post about this yet. It seems to only happen on a few trucks, not all.8vyo7dyfnxyses3zg.jpgbuw4lquwco8yyjtzg.jpg

The material files have to be managed materials because most of the trucks that use regular spec maps have messed up specs like they are darker but the ones that use managed materials have no problem.

• Upvote 1

Crappy spec files and other material issues that probably wernt such a big deal in .37. For instance one of my old meshs with an old spec file I created ages ago shows up super dark in .4.5.   It also has to do with lighting and where the truck is at compared to the light source. 

Heres what I used for my truck........ Non spec images

diffuse vertexcolour
            specular 0.1500000 0.1500000 0.1500000 12.500000
            texture_unit

Do these trucks use material files or managed materials in the .truck file? I'm not exactly sure what the difference is, but I think the later has a tendency to cause issues. I use only .material files and I've never had a spec map issue with any version of RoR, from .37 to .4.5.

3 hours ago, Stephen Hopkins said:

Crappy spec files and other material issues that probably wernt such a big deal in .37. For instance one of my old meshs with an old spec file I created ages ago shows up super dark in .4.5.   It also has to do with lighting and where the truck is at compared to the light source. 

Heres what I used for my truck........ Non spec images

diffuse vertexcolour
            specular 0.1500000 0.1500000 0.1500000 12.500000
            texture_unit

Ok, thanks for responding. I don't know what you mean by "spec" file though. Is this how I would fix this issue? And, if so where exactly would I go and what would I do?