Quiet Sounds

Gabe2304

Question

Yes, I searched the forum before making this topic and nothing seemed to work.

So the sounds in my game (.37) randomly do not work. It seems everything in my "smv4" folder (which is 10 gb) doesn't have sound but all the stand alone trucks do. I tried deleting un-needed soundscripts/.wav files, clearing/regen cache, checking sound sources on the PC and the config, overwriting sounds, adding Beau's alternative sound files, and running the game in compatibility mode. That's everything I could think of doing. I'm using Windows 10. The game has worked fine for months until now. Is there any known fix or should I just re-install?

Here's my RoR log; https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byk1YWqWJy3bV2dWN3FDc2YtR1k/view?usp=sharing

7 answers to this question

37 sounds have always been temperamental to be polite, I used to have an issue with sounds being off in the distant and I was able to get it to work by messing with my sound card settings. Might help that I have a surround sound headset now though at the time I had crappy turtle beach's.

Well ... I uninstalled my game. (Or rather deleted all the files since the uninstaller wouldn't work.) I tried both versions that RKM uploaded as well as a .zip I had of .37.117 and I couldn't get any of the 3 to work? Could it be that I'm installing the game files to my mechanical hard drive while the mods are located on my SSD?

6 hours ago, Outlawed said:

It might have something to do with the ROR site going down, I would not have deleted the game over sounds though dude....

Yes, with 37.126 because it used the RoR site to download the files. 37.177 shouldn't have this problem since all the needed files are in the zip. When I install that 37.117 it says something about an exception or error after it checks that DirectX is installed. However it continues to install the files, yet the game does not work (says something about an exception).

Oh well, I figured I could re-install the game. I saved all my maps and vehicles so I'm not too worried. Maybe it's time to go back to 39.5 or upgrade to 4.5.

I'm sure that would make Eric happy.

On 4/27/2016 at 8:55 PM, Outlawed said:

37 sounds have always been temperamental to be polite, I used to have an issue with sounds being off in the distant and I was able to get it to work by messing with my sound card settings. Might help that I have a surround sound headset now though at the time I had crappy turtle beach's.

I am having the same problem with the sounds being off in the distance. Can you tell me how you fixed it?